About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the Glencoe Algebra 1 Solving Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the solving systems of linear equations and inequalities topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Graphs for systems of equations
- Substitution and solutions for systems of equations problems
- Elimination using multiplication
- Graphs for systems of inequalities
Glencoe is a registered trademark of McGraw-Hill Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What is a System of Equations?
So what happens if we want to compare more than one equation? Welcome to a 'system' of equations! Learn what one is, how to solve them and when they come up in real life.
2. How to Solve a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve a system of linear equations in two variables by using the substitution method. Learn how easy it is to use on any linear system in two variables.
3. Solving Problems Involving Systems of Equations
Did you ever encounter a problem where you seem to have lots of information, but still have a couple of critical numbers missing? In this lesson, we'll practice solving word problems that require us to set up systems of equations.
4. Solving a System of Equations with Two Unknowns
When you have two variables and two equations, is solving the problem four times as hard? No! Not when you use the substitution or elimination method to solve systems of equations. We'll practice both in this lesson.
5. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
There are a few classic algebra word problems, such as the one about two trains traveling at different speeds. In this lesson, you'll learn how to take a word problem and convert it into the system of equations that will allow you to find the answer using either substitution or elimination.
6. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Glencoe Algebra 1: Online Textbook Help course
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 1: The Language of Algebra
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 2: Real Numbers
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 3: Solving Linear Equations
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 4: Graphing Relations and Functions
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 5: Analyzing Linear Equations
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 6: Solving Linear Inequalities
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 8: Polynomials
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 9: Factoring
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 10: Quadratic and Exponential Functions
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 11: Radical Expressions and Triangles
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 12: Rational Expressions and Equations
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 13: Statistics
- Glencoe Algebra 1 Chapter 14: Probability