About This Chapter
Global Business Environments - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
The globalization of businesses is a common occurrence in today's marketplace, and the lessons in this chapter instruct you about ways to create a global business environment. The lessons include short videos and a quiz to validate your understanding of the subject matter. You can refer to the video transcript or video timeline tool that allows you to replay any specific section if you need to restudy any area. Use these lessons to learn about:
- What globalization of business is
- Different methods and strategies of globalization and internationalization
- Opportunities, challenges, benefits and costs of globalization
- Competition in the global business environment
- The environments of an international company
|What is Globalization of Business? - Definition, Impact & Effects||Break down the globalization of business and the effects on businesses worldwide.|
|Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses||Dissect the different methods of entering the international business market.|
|How the Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples||Point out the opportunities and challenges of globalization.|
|Benefits & Costs of the Globalization of Business||Report on globalization's benefits and cost.|
|Competition in the Global Business Environment: Explanation & Examples||Explain how the global business environment affects competition.|
|International Companies' Operating Environments||Analyze the three environments the international company operates in.|
|Industry Globalization vs. Global Competition||Differentiate between industry globalization and global competition.|
|Strategies for Reaching Global Markets: Examples & Types||Weigh the strategies used for reaching global markets.|
|Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale||Assess the low risk strategy of ecommerce for entering the international marketplace.|
|Globalization, Outsourcing & Insourcing: Impact of Technology on Careers||Evaluate how globalization affects wages and job security.|
|The Effects of Outsourcing and Migrant Workers on the World Economy||Explain the prose and cons of the trend of outsourcing and migrant workers on the world economy.|
|Small Business in a Global Market||Compare advantages versus disadvantages to small businesses in a global market.|
1. What Is Globalization of Business? - Definition, Impact & Effects
What is globalization of business? In this lesson we'll discuss what it is, its impact on the global marketplace, and the effects of globalization on businesses worldwide.
2. Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses
When companies decide to do international business, they have a wide variety of methods they can use to actually enter the market. This lesson will discuss those different methods and analyze how they work in an international context.
3. How The Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples
The world is becoming smaller. As globalization continues, businesses will be presented with opportunities and face challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these challenges and see how businesses can meet them.
4. Benefits & Costs of the Globalization of Business
Globalization has become a requirement for corporations to remain competitive in the marketplace. In this lesson, you will learn about the definition of globalization and the benefits and costs.
5. Competition in the Global Business Environment: Explanation & Examples
In this lesson, we will explore and analyze global competition. We will also look at its impact on how a company operates and how it competes for both customers and employees.
6. International Companies' Operating Environments
International companies' operating environments are complicated due to numerous factors. In this lesson we will identify and describe the three environments in which the international company operates: domestic, foreign and international.
7. Industry Globalization vs. Global Competition
This lesson discusses the concept of an industry being global. We'll look at the difference between industry globalization, global competition, and the degree to which a company has globalized its operations.
8. Strategies for Reaching Global Markets: Examples & Types
In 2013, the global market had over seven billion potential consumers with needs and wants to be fulfilled. In this lesson, you'll learn about strategies businesses can use to tap this immense market.
9. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
10. Globalization, Outsourcing & Insourcing: Impact of Technology on Careers
This lesson discusses the impact information technology has on careers. Globalization has been driven by advances in technology and has impacted job security and wages. We will specifically look at downsizing, insourcing and outsourcing.
11. The Effects of Outsourcing and Migrant Workers on the World Economy
In this lesson, we discover two labor trends of the 21st century: outsourcing and migrant labor. Both of these trends help keep producers' costs down, but their effects will likely be debated throughout the 21st century.
12. Small Business in a Global Market
As the world moves closer to a global economy, more small businesses will look to expand into international markets. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the advantages and disadvantages that small businesses face in a global market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Leadership & Management
- Virtual Teams & Project Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Global Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Global Marketing Basics
- Crisis Management and International Business
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Changes in the Global Marketplace
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308