About This Chapter
Global Business Ethics - Chapter Summary
In this informative chapter, our instructors outline topics related to the ethics of international business. You'll study specific issues that affect global business and the challenges faced by international businesses with regard to ethics. These lessons are easy to navigate using the video tabs feature, so you can quickly go back to review any topic you need to. As a great way to prepare for a test, take a moment to answer the multiple-choice questions provided in the quizzes after each lesson. If you need assistance, call on one of our instructors for help. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Discuss the ethical issues faced by global businesses
- Outline social responsibility and ethics in international business
- Identify the global responsibilities of a business
- Explain the causes of unethical behavior by global businesses
1. Ethical Issues in International Business
Corporations that tackle the global market face many difficulties. In this lesson, we will examine the ethical issues in international business, such as corruption, pollution, and environmental challenges.
2. Causes of Unethical Behavior in International Business
Have you ever been tempted to make the wrong decision? Well, you may not have been in this situation before, but many in the business world have. In this lesson, we'll learn what causes people to behave unethically in international business.
3. Ethics & Social Responsibility in International Business
As the world becomes more and more connected, there are still serious social and ethical problems that need to be worked out in the business world. This lesson identifies some of those problems.
4. Global Responsibilities of a Business
As the world has become a much more connected place, people have begun to look to businesses to play a more responsible role. This lesson is on how the global responsibilities of business are evolving.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- How Culture Affects International Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- International Operations Management
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business
- Impact of Globalization on Organizations
- Impact of Globalization on Countries
- Future of Globalization
- Studying for Business 120