About This Chapter
Global Business, Government & Society - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
The lessons in this chapter address global business, government and society, and take look at how intertwined each of these areas are with one another. Having an awareness of these relationships can result in better business decisions.
These lessons are mostly short videos, lasting 5-10 minutes in run time, and include a quiz to take at the end to assess your understanding of the material. If you need to refer back to a specific part of the lesson, you can do so with the video transcript or by using the keyword-based timeline tool that allows you to replay any section. Completion of the lessons in this chapter means you will know:
- The interactions and influences between business, government and society
- Globalization drivers and influential institutions
- Political and economic systems in global business and how changes in one create changes in the other
- The prospects of becoming one global society
- Partnerships and interactions between business and the community
- Foreign direct investment and the market imperfections theory
|Business, Government & Society: Interactions and Influences||Break down how three different models of business, government and society influence one another.|
|Major Drivers of Globalization & Institutions that Shaped the Process||Analyze some of the factors that shaped the process of globalization.|
|Political & Economic Systems in Global Business||Report on the major types of political and economic systems that global businesses work within.|
|Political Environment in International Business: Definition, Factors & Impact||Evaluate the factors and impact on the political environment in international business.|
|How Political & Economic Change Influence Each Other||Assess how much political and economic change affect each other.|
|Global Society: Definition & Concept||Critique the pluses and minuses of our rush to becoming one global society.|
|Government-Business Relations in Global Business||Consider government-business relations within the global economy.|
|Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions||Weigh the interdependence between business and the community.|
|What Is Foreign Direct Investment? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages||Explain the controversy surrounding foreign direct investment.|
|Market Imperfections Theory & Foreign Direct Investment||Appraise the relationship between market imperfections theory and foreign direct investment.|
1. Business, Government & Society: Interactions and Influences
Business, government, and society interact and influence each others' specific objectives and goals. In this lesson, you will learn the three different models that can impact how they influence each other.
2. Major Drivers of Globalization & Institutions that Shaped the Process
There are many factors that are responsible for the flourishing of globalization. In this lesson, we will discuss the technological changes and institutions that have driven the process. In the end, you will take a quiz to challenge your knowledge on the subject.
3. Political & Economic Systems in Global Business
Understanding the different political and economic systems in global business can be a difficult task. We will identify the major types of political and economic systems in which companies operate across the world and the special challenges posed by doing business in diverse settings.
4. Political Environment in International Business: Definition, Factors & Impact
Governments and politics play a large role in international business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the political environment in international business, some of its key factors, and its impact. A short quiz follows.
5. How Political & Economic Change Influence Each Other
Money and power are often seen as going hand in hand. However, this lesson demonstrates that, while political and economic changes often accompany each other, it doesn't always work that way.
6. International Economic Environment in Marketing: Definition & Factors
In this lesson, we'll discuss the global economic environment while learning how it can affect international business operations. We'll also take a look at the business cycle.
7. Analyzing Economic Environment & Business Potential
When any organization is looking to expand abroad, it first needs to find the right place. Data on the economic environment can show the risks and benefits of entering into a new market. This lesson looks at the data organizations can get about the economic environment to decide where to expand.
8. Global Society: Definition & Concept
Is our world international or global? Is there even a difference? In this lesson, we'll explore the concept of a global society and consider the evidence that could point to its arrival.
9. Government-Business Relations in Global Business
Government-business relations have an impact on international businesses. In this lesson, we will discuss how businesses can work collaboratively with governments and the civil sector to address global issues.
10. Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions
Businesses and communities depend on each other for support to create a flourishing, stable, and profitable society. In this lesson, you will learn about the interdependencies between companies and communities as well as their collaborative partnerships.
11. What Is Foreign Direct Investment? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
Foreign direct investment has been a controversial issue in international economics. In this lesson, you'll learn about it, including some of its advantages and disadvantages. A short quiz follows the lesson.
12. Market Imperfections Theory & Foreign Direct Investment
This lesson explains the relationship between market imperfections theory and foreign direct investment. Both are related to international trading markets. Companies look to foreign direct investment to remove the effects of any market imperfections.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Business Environments
- Global Leadership & Management
- Virtual Teams & Project Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Global Marketing Basics
- Crisis Management and International Business
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Changes in the Global Marketplace
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308