About This Chapter
Global Business & Marketing Information Systems - Chapter Summary
Gain greater insight into the basics of global business and marketing information systems without setting foot in a classroom. Our online video lessons let you study challenges in the global supply chain, trends in social media marketing, Internet connectivity and communication standards, and more from home or on-the-go. Enjoy access to the lessons, short quizzes, a practice exam and other study tools using any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Completing this chapter will enable you to do the following in a short period of time:
- Define and explain challenges of global competition in business
- Detail the impact society and culture have on global business
- Discuss the basics of business and consumer communication in the digital age
- Explain the benefits of Internet and global marketing
- List and discuss Internet technologies used by individuals and business for collaboration
- Share the definition and types of email marketing
- Provide examples of digital and mobile marketing
- Describe how mobile channels are used in effective marketing
- Discuss mobile marketing trends
1. What is Global Competition in Business? - Definition & Challenges
In this lesson, you will learn about global competition and some of the challenges faced by companies when conducting business internationally. Also, this lesson will outline the ways in which technology facilitated companies' ability to conduct business globally.
2. Challenges in Global Supply Chain
Once a business goes global in its supply chain, a whole new set of challenges and concerns arise. A business will encounter not only increased paperwork but also other challenges, including language barriers.
3. Effects of Society & Culture on Global Business
Travel and technology have made our world smaller, which has led to greater opportunities for companies to operate in a global market. This lesson will look at the effects of society & culture on global business.
4. Business & Consumer Communication in the Digital Age
Today, social media has made it easy to comment about a product or a brand using digital channels. In this lesson, we'll learn the importance of business and consumer communication in the digital age.
5. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
6. Internet Connectivity and Communication Standards
This lesson explores the network protocols that aid in data communication. It also discusses networking standards (formal and de facto) and introduces some of the organizations that are involved in establishing these networking standards.
7. Internet Collaboration: Second Life, VOIP, Video Conferencing, Virtual Reality & Telepresence
Today, individuals and businesses are collaborating and interacting online from dispersed locations. Many technologies make it possible to communicate, learn, conduct business, and socialize with people from anywhere in the world. This lesson will discuss various Internet collaboration tools and virtual reality concepts.
8. What is Email Marketing? - Definition & Types
Email marketing is a common and effective method to communicate with customers. This lesson explains the use and benefits of email marketing as part of the marketing strategy.
9. Trends in Social Media Marketing
With about 74% of Internet users integrated into social media, it is no wonder businesses are using this powerful tool. With its endless reach and frequency, social media marketing brings the storefront to the homes and heads of its viewers.
10. Digital Marketing: Definition, Strategies & Example
This lesson will define digital marketing. We will explore its key characteristics as well as the media and strategies that can be used in its implementation.
11. Mobile Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define mobile marketing. Different types of mobile marketing, including SMS, QR codes, and push notifications will be reviewed. See how it is used and why it is important.
12. Using Mobile Channels in Effective Marketing
Mobile marketing is an entirely different animal than other forms of marketing. In this lesson, you'll learn why and explore how companies can utilize mobile marketing to their best advantage.
13. Trends in Mobile Marketing
Smartphones have revolutionized how businesses communicate with their customers. With the use of mobile marketing, efficiency and effectiveness of marketing activities has increased. This lesson explains how mobile marketing works.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 303: Management Information Systems course
- Management Information Systems Concepts
- Business Analysis & Process Models
- Knowledge Management in MIS
- Ethical Issues in MIS
- Computer Hardware in MIS
- Computer Software in MIS
- Data Management & Database Management Systems
- Networks & Telecommunications
- Developing Business Information Systems Processes
- Electronic Commerce Information Systems
- Required Assignments for Business 303
- Studying for Business 303