About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering global business strategy material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about global business strategy. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the strategies businesses use to expand and operate in global markets
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about global business strategy
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Global Business Strategy chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Global Business Strategy chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any global business strategy question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the global business strategy concepts covered in a standard business course. Topics covered include:
- The importance of global trade
- Methods for expanding a business internationally
- International marketing strategies
- The relationship between government policy and business
- Categories in Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory
- The advantages of diversity training
- International business ethics
1. The Importance of the Global Market and Global Trade: Role & Advantages
We all need resources, products and service to live and thrive. Sometimes these things are not readily available locally. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of international trade and globalization in fulfilling our needs and wants.
2. International Business Expansion Methods
Oftentimes, the best opportunities for a business are not at home but abroad. In this lesson, you'll learn about different methods of taking advantage of the international market. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
3. Breaking Into Foreign Markets: International Marketing Strategies
Companies look to international markets to increase their sales and profits. Market managers must decide on the mode of entry into a foreign market. The options, ranging from least to most risky, are exporting, licensing, franchising, contract manufacturing, joint ventures and direct investments.
4. Strategies for Reaching Global Markets: Examples & Types
In 2013, the global market had over seven billion potential consumers with needs and wants to be fulfilled. In this lesson, you'll learn about strategies businesses can use to tap this immense market.
5. How to Create a Marketing Mix for Individual Cultures & Countries
In this lesson, you will learn how companies modify their domestic marketing mix to suit the unique needs and norms of foreign cultures and countries. Companies may find it necessary to modify their current product, their current promotional message, or both.
6. Government-Business Relations in Global Business
Government-business relations have an impact on international businesses. In this lesson, we will discuss how businesses can work collaboratively with governments and the civil sector to address global issues.
7. Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions Theory
Dimensions of culture are an important aspect of international business. Knowing how cultures view different aspects of business can help a manager navigate through the international business market.
8. Benefits of Diversity Training in Globalized Business
Organizations are currently more focused on training their staff to understand diversity. In this lesson, we will look at diversity training in global organizations.
9. Ethical Issues in International Business
Corporations that tackle the global market face many difficulties. In this lesson, we will examine the ethical issues in international business, such as corruption, pollution, and environmental challenges.
10. Multidomestic Strategy: Definition & Examples
Expanding to multiple countries is a great task for even the most seasoned company. There are so many considerations to think about in order to be successful. In this lesson we will learn about multi-domestic strategy and its advantages and disadvantages.
11. Peak Oil Theory: Definition & Implications
In this lesson you will learn about the Peak Oil theory, the man behind the theory and how it was developed. We will discuss potential future economic implications and why some feel the theory is no longer relevant.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Strategy: Help & Review course