About This Chapter
Global Hospitality Management - Chapter Summary
This self-paced chapter makes it easy to strengthen your comprehension of global hospitality management. You'll benefit from expert instruction in our entertaining lessons as you delve into topics like international hospitality, international travel and tourism and the benefits of globalization. The lessons offer important definitions and examples that can quickly boost your knowledge. Gauge your comprehension of these lessons by taking multiple-choice quizzes and our practice exam. Clarify details you don't fully understand by sending questions to our experts. When you've finished with this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discuss the planning and management of international hospitality
- List and describe the benefits and costs of the globalization of business
- Share types and examples of global hospitality providers
- Explain how international travel and tourism impact growth in the hospitality industry
1. International Hospitality: Planning & Management
Opening a hotel in a foreign country can be challenging, but it's not impossible. In fact, with strategic management methods, planning, and an understanding of real estate development, it can be a successful undertaking.
2. Benefits & Costs of the Globalization of Business
Globalization has become a requirement for corporations to remain competitive in the marketplace. In this lesson, you will learn about the definition of globalization and the benefits and costs.
3. Global Hospitality Providers: Types & Examples
Travelers always need places to stay and things to eat and drink. In this lesson, we'll examine the global hospitality industry and the major types of providers serving travelers around the world.
4. International Travel & Tourism: Impact on Growth in the Hospitality Industry
In this lesson, we'll examine the impact of international travel and tourism on the hospitality industry, including growth and challenges that arise from an increase in international travel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 304: Hotel & Lodging Management & Operations course
- Hotel & Lodging Industry Overview
- Leadership in the Hotel Industry
- Hotel & Lodging Strategic Management
- Hotel Operations Management
- Rooms Division in Hotel Operations
- Hotel Finance & Accounting
- Revenue Management for Hotels
- Hotel Sales & Marketing Department
- HR Management for Hospitality
- Hotel Safety & Security
- Hotel & Lodging Customer Service
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hotel & Lodging
- Restaurant Organization Basics
- Factors that Affect the Hotel & Lodging Industry
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 304
- Studying for Hospitality 304