About This Chapter
Global Issues Affecting Tourism - Chapter Summary
Our informative chapter covers the global issues affecting the hospitality industry, including how social issues, sustainability and world conflicts affect travel and tourism. Feel free to review these lessons as many times as needed in order to master these topics. Print the video transcripts/text lessons to make great offline study guides you can reference any time. We've created these learning materials to allow you to study 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer. After finishing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the impact cultural issues have on the tourism industry
- Detail environmental issues as they affect the hospitality industry
- Explain how terrorism impacts the travel industry
1. Impact of Social & Cultural Issues on the Tourism Industry
Tourism isn't always held in high regard by the locals living in destination countries, cities, and towns. Learn why in this lesson. Also, learn how tourism helps in other areas.
2. Sustainability & Environmental Issues in the Hospitality Industry
This lesson will discuss some of the sustainability and environmental issues of the hospitality industry. It will also discuss how these issues impact the business and environment and close with some solutions to the problems.
3. Impact of Terrorism on the Travel & Tourism Industry
The travel and tourism industry can be affected in the wake of terrorist events both domestically and abroad. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the industry and how it is impacted following acts of terrorism.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 105: Introduction to the Tourism & Travel Industry course
- Overview of the Tourism Industry
- Consumer Behavior of Travelers
- World Tourism Organizations
- Tourism Policy & Planning
- Tourism Economics
- Lodging Classifications
- Lodging Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Transportation in Tourism Management
- Recreation Organizations in Tourism Management
- Intermediaries in Tourism Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Tourism & Hospitality Trends
- Tourism & Travel Careers
- Studying for Hospitality 105