About This Chapter
Global Leadership & Management - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
A successful international business needs the proper global mindset and awareness on the part of company management. This chapter teaches about such things with lessons on global leadership and management. These brief text and video lessons each include a quiz to test your understanding of the subject matter. When you are done studying the lessons in this chapter, you will be trained on:
- The global perspective of management
- Management of international companies and the characteristics of the international manager
- Management of a diverse workforce
- Global leadership and the global mindset in business
- Development of intercultural competence in business
- TQM and Six Sigma in international organizational behavior
|Global Perspective of Management: Definition & Concept||Develop a global economy view for managing a company.|
|Managing in International Companies||Assess the role of managing in an international company.|
|Characteristics of the International Manager in Global Organizations||Consider the characteristics best suited for the international manager.|
|Systems View of Globalization Management||Compare the systems view of a global manager to the view of a traditional executive.|
|Managerial Functions in the International Organization||Correlate five common knowledge aspects of management to managing an international organization.|
|Managing a Diverse Workforce in Contemporary Organizations||Explain management of a diverse workforce.|
|What is Global Leadership? - Definition & Overview||Critique psychological, physiological, geographical, and other aspects of successful global leadership.|
|Global Mindset in Business: Definition & Concept||Break down what is meant by global mindset in business.|
|Developing Intercultural Competence in Business||Analyze intercultural competence by using the Development Model of Intercultural Sensitivity.|
|Total Quality Management in the Field of Organizational Behavior||Evaluate TQM and Six Sigma for staying competitive in the global business environment.|
1. Global Perspective of Management: Definition & Concept
Today's fast-paced, Internet-driven business environment calls for more than just a local perspective of management. Highly effective managers need to see things based on how their company functions in the big picture of the new global economy.
2. Managing in International Companies
Managing in international companies takes a special type of person. The reason for that is that not only do managers have to have an understanding of how to conduct business, but they also must deal with several other factors that are present in the international arena.
3. Characteristics of the International Manager in Global Organizations
Managers need to be able to plan, control, organize, and lead their companies and departments. When we look at international business, there are some additional aspects that come into play for a manager to be successful.
4. Systems View of Globalization Management
Should you fix your company from the inside or the outside? Can you do both? This lesson will discuss how viewing your organization through a systems view is beneficial for your organization's success.
5. Managerial Functions in the International Organization
Every manager focuses on five different aspects of management. These aspects are common knowledge and when used together, they help to create an effective manager. This lesson will address those areas and integrate them into international business.
6. Managing a Diverse Workforce in Contemporary Organizations
Diversity is all around us and is a huge part of the business climate today. All companies strive for diversity, so they can have a unique perspective and look at issues through the eyes of their employees. This lesson will address diversity in a global setting.
7. What is Global Leadership? - Definition & Overview
When a company goes international, it's time to develop leaders who can point the company in the right direction. Combining experience with an understanding of topics like psychology, geography, politics and sociology can help create a successful global leader.
8. Global Mindset in Business: Definition & Concept
In this lesson, we will cover the meaning of global mindset and how it can affect businesses around the world. Test your knowledge at the end by taking a short quiz.
9. Developing Intercultural Competence in Business
How do you learn to work with your international partner who seems to do things so differently than you? This lesson will explain how intercultural competence can help your international business be successful.
10. Total Quality Management in the Field of Organizational Behavior
Companies need to stay competitive in the global business environment. Two philosophies that can help them improve their quality are TQM and Six Sigma.
11. Business Case Study: Globalization of Coca-Cola
This lesson will discuss the rise of Coca-Cola as a global powerhouse. We'll look at the impact of globalization and what international business strategies the company employs for its success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Business Environments
- Virtual Teams & Project Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Global Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Global Marketing Basics
- Crisis Management and International Business
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Changes in the Global Marketplace
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308