About This Chapter
Global Marketing Basics - Chapter Summary
Marketing is a crucial business tool for both large and small companies, and those companies seeking to capture the global market must employ strategies that prove effective to international audiences. The lessons in this chapter are designed to provide not only a definition of global marketing but cover issues that must be overcome with these marketing strategies and reasons why international marketing is important. You'll also see which mistakes are commonly seen in global marketing and review ways to analyze marketing strategies. Your Dashboard allows you to track your progress as you move through this chapter, and self-assessment quizzes at the end of each lesson help you demonstrate your understanding of the material. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define aspects and components of global marketing
- Explain how international marketing is important to company growth and opportunities
- Identify the four Ps of marketing
- Differentiate the marketing of international plans from domestic marketing plans
- Relate ways to protect trademarks and brands in global markets
- Summarize common mistakes to avoid when developing global marketing plans
- Describe situational analysis as applied to marketing
- Discuss the SWOT method for situational analysis
1. What Is Global Marketing? - Strategies, Definition & Issues
What is global marketing? In this lesson, you'll learn what global marketing is, issues you would need to address to market your product globally, and strategies that can help grow your business in other countries.
2. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
3. International Marketing Mix and the 4 Ps of Marketing
In this lesson, we will discuss how to adjust the marketing mix when pursuing an international market. Additionally, the Internet's impact on the marketing mix will be discussed.
4. Common Mistakes in Global Marketing
Global marketing is crucial for large business success in our increasingly interconnected world; however, not all cultures are the same. This lesson outlines some of the common errors that have occurred in global marketing.
5. International External Marketing: Culture, Economics, Tech & More
International marketing plans have a specific marketing mix that will differ tremendously from the domestic version. Marketing managers have to take into account a country's economic, technological, logistical, and sociocultural differences in order to successfully target an overseas market.
6. What is SWOT: Situation Analysis in Marketing
A successful business needs to know its capabilities as well as the marketplace in which it competes. In this video, learn how to define a mission statement and conduct a situational analysis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Business Environments
- Global Leadership & Management
- Virtual Teams & Project Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Global Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Crisis Management and International Business
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Changes in the Global Marketplace
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308