About This Chapter
Global Money System - Chapter Summary
This chapter examines business concepts related to the global money system. Inside, you'll find short and engaging lessons that cover the functions of several international banking organizations, as well as the history and development of the global monetary system. Our instructors have a straightforward and engaging instructional style that helps you quickly learn and retain essential business definitions and concepts. As you move through the chapter, you're encouraged to take the accompanying lesson quizzes to make sure you fully understand these business concepts. The chapter's lessons are designed to help you:
- Assess the roles of the World Bank, IMF and other international banking organizations
- Outline the history, collapse and current status of the global monetary system
- The process for reforming the global money system
1. The World Bank, IMF & Other International Banking Organizations
International banking and financial organizations exist to encourage economic and financial stability, help facilitate trade, and help with economic development. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these important organizations.
2. History of the Global Monetary System
With disparate currencies and entities involved in international business and trade, how can transactions be done across borders? In this lesson, we'll provide a brief history of the global monetary system and examine recent developments.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Globalization & International Business
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- Understanding Global Economic Environments
- World Trade Organization
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- Crisis Management & International Business
- International Business Ethics