About This Chapter
1. How Globalization Impacts Local Culture & Society
Globalization has had many effects on local cultures and society. While there are many positive effects, there have also been many negative effects which influence people's everyday life. This lesson will discuss some of the pros and cons of globalization.
2. How Globalization Affects Economic Inequality
In this lesson we'll take a brief look at the effects of globalization on economic inequality through hypothetical interactions such as supply and demand, wealth fluctuation, and worker exploitation.
3. The Advance of Science & Technology Since 1945: Developments & Impact
In this lesson, we explore just a few of the numerous advances and innovations made in the worlds of sciences and technology, from automobiles and televisions to computers and phones that can fit in the palm of your hand.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Elementary Education - Social Studies (5004): Study Guide & Practice course
- European Exploration & Colonization
- The American Revolution & New Nation
- Growth & Expansion of the Republic
- The Civil War & Reconstruction
- Post-Civil War Business & Labor
- 20th Century Developments & Transformations
- Post-WWII History & Society
- Purposes & Forms of Government
- Rights & Responsibilities of Citizens
- Geography, Places & Regions
- Physical & Human Systems
- Environment & Society
- Uses of Geography
- Anthropology Overview
- Social Groups, Conflict, Status, & Roles
- Ancient Egypt, Greece, & Rome
- World History of the 20th Century
- Overview of Economic Concepts & Terms
- Individuals & the Market
- Economics' Effect on Population & Resources
- Government's Role in Economics
- Economic Systems & International Economics