About This Chapter
Globalization & International Business - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this advanced international business chapter examine topics related to globalization and the internationalization of business. Our instructors educate you on major trends in the international business realm and show you how business has changed due to global expansion. You'll also study the ways that globalization has affected the Coca-Cola company.
After completing each lesson, you can challenge your understanding of the material with the accompanying lesson quiz. You can review these lessons at any time of day or night and print lesson transcripts to study later. These lessons are designed to help you:
- Summarize internationalization and business globalization
- Evaluate major international business trends and developments
- Point out the ways in which worldwide change affects globalization in business
- Explain how movers and restraints influence business globalization
- Distinguish arguments for and against the internationalization of business
- Analyze a business case study regarding the globalization of Coca-Cola
1. Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses
When companies decide to do international business, they have a wide variety of methods they can use to actually enter the market. This lesson will discuss those different methods and analyze how they work in an international context.
2. Major Trends & Developments in International Business
Entire courses - even entire college degrees - exist to teach people the complexities of international business. While this lesson is just an introduction, it will discuss important trends that are shaping the world's economy.
3. How Worldwide Change Affects Globalization in Business
In this lesson, we'll explore globalization with definitions and examples. We'll also analyze how global change relates to and affects globalization in business.
4. How Movers Influence Globalization in Business
Globalization is a common term in today's world. This lesson will discuss movers of globalization and describe how they influence globalization in business.
5. How Restraints Influence Globalization in Business
As more companies look to globalization, the restraints that prevent it become more prominent. This lesson describes various restraints to an organization's ability to expand globally.
6. Arguments For & Against Internationalization of Business
Globalization continues to increase as companies seek ways to lower costs and consumers demand more exotic products. In this lesson, you will learn about the arguments for and against globalization.
7. Business Case Study: Globalization of Coca-Cola
This lesson will discuss the rise of Coca-Cola as a global powerhouse. We'll look at the impact of globalization and what international business strategies the company employs for its success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- Understanding Global Economic Environments
- World Trade Organization
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Global Money System
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- Crisis Management & International Business
- International Business Ethics