About This Chapter
Globalization & Organizational Change - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our expert instructors to see how organizational change has been affected by globalization. These bite-sized lessons break down the global landscape market and how organizations manage/adapt to global changes. Each lesson comes with a short quiz that covers important business terms and concepts. Take the chapter exam to solidify your comprehension of the material, and submit questions to our instructors if you have any. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the changing landscape of the global market
- Assess the relationship between globalization and organizational culture/behavior
- Explain how globalization has influenced worldwide change
- Evaluate the ways in which organizations manage the effects of global change
1. The Changing Landscape of the Global Market
The global market is still developing, and a market that is developing is dynamic. The constant change offers opportunities and presents risks to countries and their domestic industries. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these risks and opportunities.
2. Globalization and Organizational Culture
Culture influences almost every aspect of an organization. Globalization is one of the forces that influences organizational culture, and in this lesson we will talk about just how globalization impacts organizational culture.
3. Globalization and Organizational Behavior
As the world around us gets smaller, globalization will be in more areas and impact organizations. Organizational behavior is impacted by globalization and in this lesson we will discuss that aspect.
4. How Worldwide Change Affects Globalization in Business
In this lesson, we'll explore globalization with definitions and examples. We'll also analyze how global change relates to and affects globalization in business.
5. Managing the Effects of Global Change on Organizations
Global change and instability affect businesses in all industries and geographic regions. This lesson will explore some of these risks and qualify which changes are most likely to affect business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 304: Leading Organizational Change course
- How Leadership Affects Organizational Change
- Leadership Theories & Organizational Change
- Types of Leadership in Business
- Power & Leadership in Business Organizations
- Choosing Organizational Structures
- Change Factors in Organizations
- Management Functions & Organizational Change
- Organizational Change Theories
- Strategies for Implementing Changes in Business
- Communicating Change in Business
- Organizational Change & Company Culture
- Corporate Vision, Mission & Change
- Issues in Leading Organizational Change
- Required Assignments for Business 304
- Studying for Business 304