About This Chapter
GMAT Quantitative Section: About the Quantitative Section - Chapter Summary
Inside this chapter, you'll find straightforward and simple lessons that examine the main components of the GMAT's Quantitative section. You'll become familiar with the types of questions that appear on this section and review examples of quantitative data. Upon completion of this chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Know what the GMAT's Quantitative section will test you on
- Recognize the types of questions that appear on this section of the exam
- Define quantitative data
When you're finished with the lessons, try the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to practice answering quantitative data questions. Equipping yourself with this knowledge can help you build confidence and successfully prepare for the GMAT. Use any computer or mobile device to access the chapter material, and if you have any questions, simply submit them to our expert instructors online.
1. Overview of the Quantitative Section for GMAT
One of the sections of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the quantitative section. In this lesson, you'll learn about the structure, timing, and nature of this section of the test.
2. GMAT Quantitative Section Question Types
This lesson will cover the Quantitative section of the GMAT and the two question types within that section: problem solving and data sufficiency. The lesson will also review overall formatting for this part of the exam.
3. What is Quantitative Data? - Definition & Examples
Watch this video lesson to find out the difference between saying you have seven apples and saying that those apples are delicious. You will learn about quantitative data and why it is useful.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GMAT Test: Online Prep and Review course
- GMAT: About the Test
- GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment Overview & Best Practices
- Writing Skills for Exam Takers
- GMAT Integrated Reasoning: Types of Questions & Overview
- Problem Solving for Exam Takers
- Fundamentals of Arithmetic for the GMAT
- Advanced Arithmetic Key Concepts
- Mathematical Patterns
- Reviewing Basic Algebra Concepts
- Reviewing Basic Geometry Concepts
- Strategies for Solving Math Word Problems
- Numerical Ability: Reasoning & Data Interpretation
- Interpreting Data & Statistics
- Answering Data Sufficiency GMAT Questions
- GMAT Verbal Section
- Test-Taking Strategies for the GMAT
- Critical Reasoning for Test-Taking
- Sentence Correction Techniques
- English Usage Conventions in Writing
- GMAT Test Flashcards