About This Chapter
GMAT Test: General Info - Summary & Learning Objectives
Review the material covered in this chapter to learn key information about the GMAT test, including the sign-up process and studying for the exam. Overall, the objective of this review is to provide you with information about:
- When and how you can register for the GMAT test
- How the GMAT test is scored and GMAT score percentiles
- Different ways you can study for the GMAT test
- Test policies and costs
- Difference between the GMAT and GRE
The articles in this chapter provide helpful information about preparing and registering for the GMAT Test because:
- They're relevant: These articles have been assembled to provide you with information that will specifically help you prepare for the GMAT test.
- They're practical: These articles are formatted to be viewed on computers and mobile devices so that you can review them as time permits.
- They're convenient: In these articles, you will find information in a quick and simple fashion, without having to do the research.
- They're reliable: The information in these lessons are updated to provide you with accurate data.
1. GMAT Registration Dates
Learn when and how to register for the GMAT. Get some info on the considerations for selecting your test date, and check out some helpful preparation tools before you take the GMAT.
2. GMAT Registration Information
The registration process for the GMAT is fairly simple, requiring you to select a testing time and location and submit payment. Requests for testing accommodations can be made during this process if you have a disability. Read on to learn more about your registration options.
3. GMAT Scores Percentile Chart & Information
Learn about some percentile rankings and scoring info for the GMAT exam. You'll also find some helpful test prep material so that you'll be ready for exam day.
4. GMAT Test Registration Fee
Find out about how much it will cost to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). In addition, you'll learn about when the test is available, and how you can get prepared for it.
5. GMAT Test Dates
Learn when the Graduate Management Admission Test is offered and explore considerations for selecting a test date convenient for your schedule. You can also find out what to expect on test day and discover resources to help you prepare for the exam.
6. Best GMAT Prep Course
Your GMAT is looming, and you want to take an actual course to prepare for all four sections? Don't fret - this article has the resources you are looking for, and the answers might be closer than you think.
7. Best GMAT Prep Book
Nothing says 'study time' quite like a good test prep book, but how do you decide which one to pick up for the GMAT? We did the work for you, so read on to find out which books are the best investment.
8. How Hard is the GMAT?
More than 6,000 different business programs at the graduate level around the world use GMAT scores in admissions decisions. To get an idea of how difficult this test is, learn about average scores, as well as the best scores seen by institutions in the U.S.
9. Can You Use a Calculator on the GMAT?
GMAT testing centers strictly regulate what test-takers may bring into the testing room during the exam. Learn about those regulations, what resources the testing center provides, and how to prepare for the GMAT accordingly.
10. How Long is the GMAT?
The GMAT is a four-part exam measuring a student's knowledge and ability to succeed in a graduate-level business degree program. Learn about the exam's structure, the time allotted for each section, and tips on how to prepare for this important step toward a career in business.
11. What is the GMAT test?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a graduate business school admissions test that is preferred over the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) by many graduate business management programs. Read on to learn what the test covers, why you might choose to take the exam, and how to prepare for the exam.
12. How Long Should I Study For the GMAT?
The amount of time students spend studying for the GMAT varies, but longer preparation times generally correlate with higher scores. Read on for some tips to help you determine your study timeline.
13. How to Prepare for the GMAT
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a 3.5-hour standardized exam that business schools use to determine an applicant's ability to succeed in MBA or other graduate-level business and management programs. Learn how to prepare for this important step toward a career in business.
14. How is the GMAT Scored?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a four-part exam that measures test takers' readiness for graduate-level business programs. Learn how each section of the test is scored, what the official scoring report entails, and how to interpret GMAT scores.
15. When to Take the GMAT
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is available throughout the year at locations around the world, so students may choose for themselves when to take the exam. Learn what factors to consider and how to develop a timeline to determine when to take the GMAT.
16. GMAT Classes in New York City (NYC)
Business school applicants in New York City have access to many acclaimed Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) preparatory courses. Read on to learn about some of the top GMAT course options in NYC.
17. How Much Does the GMAT Test Cost?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is used by business schools to assess the academic abilities of program applicants. Learn about the cost of the GMAT and find out how to prepare for the exam.
18. What Is the GMAT?
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), which measures a student's aptitude for business school, is typically an application requirement for graduate-level business programs. Learn about the GMAT, the exam format, and tips on how to prepare for the test.
19. The Difference Between the GMAT & GRE
While the GMAT and the GRE are both admissions exams for students interested in pursuing a graduate level education, there are a few key differences between the two. Read on to learn about the tests and decide which is right for your education and career goals.
20. How to Ace the GMAT
Taking the GMAT is an important step on your path to business school. Read on to learn what you need to know in order to ace this exam and lay the groundwork for a career in business.
21. Average GMAT Scores & Percentiles
Trying to make sense of your GMAT score report? Or wondering what scores to shoot for when you take your exam? Read on for a breakdown of average GMAT scores and percentiles, an explanation of what they mean, and tips on how to achieve a higher score.
22. GMAT Question Format
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) has four sections, and each section contains several different types of questions. This article takes a comprehensive look at the areas these questions cover and how they are formatted. If you are preparing for this exam and want to know what to expect, or if you are just curious about how the GMAT works, read on!
23. GRE to GMAT Conversion
Wondering how your GRE score compares to a GMAT score? Read on to learn about how you can convert your GRE score to a predicted GMAT score, along with key differences between the two exams.
24. Which is Easier: GMAT or GRE?
Some test takers find the GRE to be easier, while the GMAT is the easier exam for others. Read on to discover the factors that will determine which will be the less difficult exam for you.
25. GRE or GMAT for an MBA?
While many business schools accept both GRE and GMAT scores, you should carefully consider the pros and cons of each before deciding which to take. Answer the questions below to determine which exam is right for you.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GMAT Prep: Help and Review course
- Basic Arithmetic Calculations: Help and Review
- Rational Numbers: Help and Review
- Decimals and Percents: Help and Review
- Data & Statistics: Help and Review
- Basic Algebraic Expressions: Help and Review
- Exponents: Help and Review
- Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Algebra - Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Algebra - Polynomials: Help and Review
- Algebra - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- Perimeter, Area & Volume: Help and Review
- Geometric Properties of Objects: Help and Review
- Geometric Graphing Basics: Help and Review
- Geometric Graphing Functions: Help and Review
- Writing Conventions - Grammar: Help and Review
- Usage in Writing: Help and Review
- Reading Comprehension for Test-Taking: Help and Review
- Critical Reasoning for Test-Taking: Help and Review
- Practical Applications for Test-Taking: Help and Review
- Essay Writing Basics: Help and Review
- Essay Clarity: Help and Review
- Editing Your Writing: Help and Review
- Practicing Analytical Writing: Help and Review
- GMAT Prep Flashcards