About This Chapter
Goal Setting in Nursing Programs - Chapter Summary
If you're interested in strengthening your comprehension of goal setting in nursing programs, this chapter can help! Learn about ways nurses can help their students set goals. Lessons also explore steps nurses can take to grasp the idea of working in this profession. After reviewing this chapter, you will be prepared for the following:
- Sharing ways to help nursing students set professional and personal goals
- Describing the process of professional socialization in nursing
- Defining and explaining the style and theory of reflective learning
- Explaining what makes a good reflection question
- Discussing the purpose and techniques of self-evaluation in nursing programs
Whether you have a busy schedule or often have limited access to the Internet, feel confident that you can learn the concepts in the chapter. Lessons are accessible anytime, day or night, from any computer, smartphone or tablet that can secure an Internet connection. This flexibility ensures lesson reviews can fit into the busiest of schedules. When time and accessibility permit, take advantage of multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam that assess your knowledge of lesson concepts. Use the Dashboard to send any chapter topic questions to our experts.
1. Helping Nursing Students Set Personal & Professional Goals
The life of a nursing student is challenging, and often includes hours of studying, one or two quick meals throughout the day, and arduous preparation for the next clinical shift. Please read on to pick up some quick tips to stay on top of your professional student goals, as well as ensuring personal priorities.
2. Professional Socialization in Nursing
This lesson contains the definition of professional socialization in nursing, the basic steps for a nurse to achieve professional socialization, and how the nurse educator can help facilitate this.
3. Reflective Learning: Definition, Style & Theory
In this lesson we'll explore the meaning of reflective learning, discuss some of the advantages and strategies, and become familiar with some of the most famous theorists of reflective learning.
4. Reflection Questions: Definition and Examples
Reflecting on learning is one of the best ways to consolidate skills and knowledge that a student has acquired. In this lesson, you will learn what makes a good reflection question, and you will see some examples of how a reflection question might look.
5. Self-Evaluation in Nursing Programs: Purpose & Techniques
Self-evaluation is an effective learning strategy which can bring many benefits to nursing programs. This lesson introduces self-evaluation strategies and explores how they can help nursing students and their instructors.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide course
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- Clinical Teaching Strategies for CNEs
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Methods of Delivery for CNEs
- Classroom Technology
- Communication Skills for CNEs
- Critical Thinking Skills for Nurses
- Positive Learning Environments for Nurses
- Role of Diversity in Nursing Student Learning
- Learning Domains & Assessments
- Assessment Development
- Assessment Strategies
- Summarizing & Analyzing Educational Assessments
- Grading & Reporting Student Progress
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Programs
- Professional Development for CNEs
- Leadership Roles of CNEs
- Scholarship Roles of CNEs
- The Role of CNEs in the Academic Community
- Nursing Program Overview
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide Flashcards