About This Chapter
Government Auditing Practices: The Audit Function - Chapter Summary
Comprehending the audit function is important to understand within government auditing. When you use our resources in this chapter, you will become one step closer to mastering the following:
- Importance of a formal document of purpose
- Planning as a function of management
- Requirements for auditors
- Role of audits and auditors
Depending on your learning style and preferences, you can watch video lessons or read the lesson transcripts. Both of them contain the same information, just in a different format. This option allows you the flexibility and convenience to study in a way that benefits you the most. Take a quiz at the end of each lesson to assess your knowledge of the material covered.
1. Managing the Audit Function in Government: Policies, Planning & Procedures
In this lesson, we will discuss the policies, planning, and procedures associated with managing the audit function in government. We will discuss the different types of auditors and how they play a role in the government.
2. Audit Function in Government: Mission, Role & Outcome
This lesson discusses the roles of auditors and audits in government, focusing on the use of internal and external audits and the role of the General Accountability Office.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional course
- Auditing Standards & Governance
- Risk/Control Frameworks in Auditing
- Types of Government Audit Services
- Process for Delivery of Audit Services
- Government Auditing Skills & Techniques
- Evaluating Quantitative & Qualitative Data
- Government Auditing: Financial Management
- Implications of Audit Service Delivery Methods
- Implications of Delivering Audit Services to Citizens
- Unique Characteristics of Human Resources Management
- Unique Purchasing & Procurement Requirements
- CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional Flashcards