About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering grade level math vocabulary material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn grade level math vocabulary. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding math vocabulary words for several grade levels
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about grade level math vocabulary
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Grade Level Math Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the grade level math vocabulary chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any grade level math vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a grade level math vocabulary unit of a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- 6th grade vocabulary words for math
- Vocabulary words for 7th grade math
- Math vocabulary words for 8th grade
1. 6th Grade Math Vocabulary Words
Understanding math also means understanding the meanings of key words. This lesson provides an overview of the many math words that 6th-graders show know!
2. 7th Grade Math Vocabulary Words
7th graders are almost in high school! They need to know a lot of math vocabulary to ensure they can learn the more difficult math subjects that are just around the corner. This lesson covers some of the most important math terms.
3. 8th Grade Math Vocabulary Words
You're about to go to high school. Oh no, you think, the math classes are going to be really hard, and you don't feel you are totally prepared just yet. In this lesson, you'll learn some of the basic and commonly used vocabulary in your high school math classes, so you can begin your high school career with confidence.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Preparatory Mathematics: Help and Review course
- Math Foundations: Help and Review
- Problem Solving & Reasoning Skills
- Percents in Math Basics
- Decimals & Fractions Overview
- Understanding Fractions & Mixed Numbers
- Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Solving and Graphing Inequalities: Help and Review
- Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Complex and Imaginary Numbers: Help and Review
- Properties of Exponents: Help and Review
- Properties of Polynomial Functions: Help and Review
- Simplifying and Solving Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- Properties of Functions: Help and Review
- Logarithms and Exponential Equations: Help and Review
- Data & Estimation
- Logic in Math: Help and Review
- Sets: Help and Review
- Basic Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- Geometric Laws & Proofs
- Geometry in College Preparatory Math: Help and Review