About This Chapter
Graphing Lines & Inequalities - Chapter Summary
In this informative chapter, you'll learn about graphing inequalities and lines. These lessons can help you with graphing and solving absolute value and linear inequalities. Our short lessons throughly cover these topics and allow you to work at your own pace as you master them. Each lesson is followed by a multiple-choice quiz you can use to test your understanding or prepare for a quiz or test. If you have any trouble with the subjects, you can reach out to an instructor for help. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Understand what inequalities are
- Graph absolute value inequalities
- Solve practice problems that involve graphing inequalities
- Solve two-step linear inequalities
- Graph linear inequalities
1. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
2. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
3. The Order of Real Numbers: Inequalities
An inequality is an operation describing how one number can be compared to another. This lesson will describe and define inequalities and the symbols used to represent them. It will also give some examples on how to work with inequalities.
4. Solving Linear Inequalities: Practice Problems
Linear inequalities may look intimidating, but they're really not much different than linear equations. In this lesson, we'll practice solving a variety of linear inequalities.
5. Solving Two-Step Linear Inequalities
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve any kind of linear inequality problem where you only have to perform two steps. You will know in what order to perform each step and you will know just what kind of operation you need to do.
6. Linear Inequality: Solving, Graphing & Problems
If you can solve linear equations, you can solve linear inequalities. In this lesson, you will learn how similar the solving processes are. You will also learn the notations you need to use when graphing linear inequalities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 8th Grade Math course
- Number Systems & Theory
- Problem-Solving in Real World Math
- Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- Proportional Relationships & Linear Equations
- 6th-8th Grade Algebra: Systems of Linear Equations
- Graphical Transformations
- Geometry of Congruent & Similar Figures
- Geometry & Properties of Triangles
- Geometry of Three-Dimensional Objects
- Evaluating & Calculating Probability
- Measuring & Graphing Statistical Distributions