About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your graphing with functions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your graphing with functions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Graphing functions and data
- Doing simple factoring and using properties of quadratic functions
- Explaining the properties of exponentials
- Calculating and defining slopes and tangents
- Explaining inverse and implicit functions
- Identifying vertical and horizontal asymptotes
1. Graphing Basic Functions
Graphs are just like maps - when you know the language! Review how locations have x and y coordinates similar to latitude and longitude, and how to plot points in the Cartesian plane.
2. Polynomial Functions: Properties and Factoring
Everything from projectile motion to trigonometric functions can be described by polynomials. Review factoring, polynomials and quadratic functions in this lesson.
3. Polynomial Functions: Exponentials and Simplifying
How do we keep track of a rapidly multiplying population of bunnies? Well, those are simply powers of 2. Review powers and simplify problems with exponents in this lesson.
4. Slopes and Tangents on a Graph
Hit the slopes and learn how the steepness of a line is calculated. Calculate the slopes between points and draw the tangents of curves on graphs in this lesson.
5. Horizontal and Vertical Asymptotes
No matter how hard you try to get to them, asymptotes remain out of reach. Learn about these invisible lines on graphs that show you places your equations just can't go.
6. Implicit Functions
Sometimes inputting a variable into a function 'black box' doesn't yield a simple output. Find out what happens when you can't isolate the dependent variable on one side of the equal sign.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Homework Help Resource course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Homework Help
- Working with Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Inequalities in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Absolute Value Equations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Coordinate Geometry Review: Homework Help
- Functions for Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Trig Function Graphs & Rational Expressions in Trigonometry
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Triangle Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Applications of Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Homework Help