About This Chapter
Graphs and Networks - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you have the opportunity to learn more about graph terminology, types and theory. Brief lessons provide examples and easy-to-follow explanations to ensure your full understanding and retention of this material. Lessons also focus on how to use matrices in graphing, apply relevant formulas and the applications of certain types of graphs. After completion of your review, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand graphing terms and how to navigate a graph
- Apply Euler's formula for planar graphs
- Identify types of directed graphs
- Discuss the applications of directed graphs
- Describe how matrices are used to represent graphs
Brief lessons are designed to take less than 10 minutes to review and offer 24/7 accessibility so you can study at your convenience. Instructors are experts in the field and can be contacted with any questions using an easy online form. Take self-assessment quizzes to determine how much you have retained from the lessons and whether you need further review of any topic.
1. Graph Theory Concepts and Terminology
After watching this video lesson, you will better understand the workings of a graph in graph theory. Learn the key terms that you will see and what they look like on the graph. Also, learn how to navigate a graph.
2. Euler's Formula for Planar Graphs
Planar graphs have an application in printed circuit board design and highway planning. In this lesson, we explore the idea of planar graphs and show how to use Euler's formula to relate vertices, edges, and faces.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the VCE Further Mathematics: Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- Population & Samples
- Categorical Data Representation
- Numerical Data Representation
- Data Distribution
- Correlation & Causation in Math
- Non-Causal Relationships in Statistics
- Linear Relationships
- Time Series Data
- Recursion & Financial Modeling
- Concepts of Financial Mathematics
- Matrices Overview
- Paths & Circuits
- Problem Solving With Networks
- Geometric Solids
- Measurement & Trigonometry
- Spherical Geometry
- Applications of Spherical Geometry
- Graphs & Relations
- Linear Programming Overview
- VCE Further Mathematics Flashcards