About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering GRE material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the methods needed to edit an essay
- Need an efficient way to learn to edit an essay
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers
- Missed class time and need to catch up
- Can't access extra analytical writing resources at school
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the chapter exam on editing an essay.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the editing an essay chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about editing an essay. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answer to questions including:
- What are the steps in editing an essay?
- How can I make improvements to essay content?
- What are some tips for proofreading an essay for spelling and grammar?
- How can I fix mistakes in my essay?
1. How to Edit and Improve Essay Content
Going back through an essay that you've written in order to make substantive content improvements can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some basic principles that you can apply to whip your essay into shape.
2. How to Proofread an Essay for Spelling and Grammar
Proofreading is the last step in revising an essay - don't skip it! A single typo can sometimes ruin the hard work of an entire paper. This lesson will help you find the right proofreading strategy for you.
3. Writing Revision: How to Fix Mistakes in Your Writing
Writing is an important skill, but revising your writing is also. In this lesson, learn the basics of self-editing, including editing for content and for mechanics, such as grammar and misspellings.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Prep: Help and Review course
- GRE Verbal Reasoning - Reading Skills: Help and Review
- GRE Verbal Reasoning - Vocabulary Skills: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Crafting Your Argument: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Planning Your Essay: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Starting Your Essay: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing the Essay Body: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing Technique: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing Stronger Sentences: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Sequences and Series: Help and Review
- GRE - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- GRE - FOIL, Parabolas & Quadratics: Help & Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Exponents: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Functions: Help and Review
- GRE - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help & Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Inequalities: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Plane Geometry: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Coordinate Geometry: Help and Review
- GRE - Probability & Statistics: Help & Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Sets: Help and Review