About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your GRE review.
- Identify the writing stronger sentences concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our GRE prep tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to prepare for the GRE and earn acceptable scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding sentence structure, rhetoric, transition sentences or any other writing stronger sentences topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their GRE preparation
- Prefer learning GRE topics visually
- Find themselves struggling with writing stronger sentences review
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the GRE
- Don't have access to GRE prep materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make preparing for the GRE simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live GRE prep tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Review writing stronger sentences on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Get tips on structuring sentences in an essay.
- Learn how you can improve your writing through better sentence structure.
- Build your rhetorical skills to make your persuasive writing better.
- Explore ways to avoid 'mixed structure' sentences.
- Find out how to write clear sentences.
- Learn to write and use transition sentences.
- Review how to avoid faulty collective ownership.
- Find out how to avoid sentence fragments, comma splices and run-on sentences.
- Learn to write parallel sentences.
1. How to Structure Sentences in an Essay
Sometimes we know what we want to write, but we are just unsure of the best way to write it. In this video, we will cover ways to structure sentences in an essay.
2. How to Write Better by Improving Your Sentence Structure
Often times in writing, we know what we want to say, but it doesn't seem to come out right. In this video we will learn the steps needed to improve your writing with better sentence structure.
3. Using Rhetorical Skills to Write Better Essays
In this video, you will explore the basics of identifying your purpose and audience and learn how to use effective rhetorical skills in your persuasive writing.
4. Sentence Structure: Identify and Avoid 'Mixed Structure' Sentences
A mixed structure sentence is a common error that occurs when a writer starts a sentence with one structure but switches to a different structure in the middle of the sentence. This video will teach you how to spot and avoid this type of error.
5. Sentence Clarity: How to Write Clear Sentences
Just because you know a good sentence when you read one doesn't mean that you think it's easy to put one together - forget about writing an essay's worth. Learn how to write clear sentences and turn rough ones into gems.
6. How to Write and Use Transition Sentences
Like a road map, transitions guide readers through your essay. This lesson examines the way writers transition between sentences, within paragraphs and between paragraphs to make for a smooth reading experience.
7. Sentence Agreement: Avoiding Faulty Collective Ownership
A common error occurs whenever a writer uses wording that suggests that a lot of people own or use just one thing, when really they all own or use their own separate things. This video will explain how to identify and fix this type of error.
8. Sentence Fragments, Comma Splices and Run-on Sentences
Sentence fragments, comma splices, and run-on sentences are grammatical and stylistic bugs that can seriously derail an otherwise polished academic paper. Learn how to identify and eliminate these errors in your own writing here.
9. Parallelism: How to Write and Identify Parallel Sentences
Sentences that aren't parallel sound funny, even if they look perfectly correct at first glance. Learn what makes a sentence parallel, how to revise a sentence to make it parallel, and how to write beautiful, balanced sentences of your own.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Prep: Tutoring Solution course
- GRE Verbal Reasoning - Reading Skills: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Verbal Reasoning - Vocabulary Skills: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Crafting Your Argument: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Planning Your Essay: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Starting Your Essay: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing the Essay Body: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Editing Your Essay: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing Technique: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Analytical Writing - Grammar and Usage: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Numbers and Operations: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Sequences and Series: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Functions: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Rational Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Plane Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Coordinate Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Probability and Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Sets: Tutoring Solution
- GRE Prep Flashcards