About This Chapter
GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Fractions, Decimals & Mixed Numbers - Chapter Summary
When you study this chapter, you'll have access to short and interesting video and text lessons that clearly outline mixed numbers, fractions and decimals to assist you in your study for the GRE Quantitative Reasoning exam. You'll study topics like the definition of a fraction and see examples of mixed numbers. This lesson has been designed to help you do following:
- Detail the different types of fractions
- Perform basic operations with fractions
- Define a mixed number
- Simplify expressions with fractional bases
- Work with decimals accurately
- Compare decimals, whole numbers and fractions using the number line
We've made studying enjoyable with this mobile-friendly and self-paced resource. Watch videos and take quizzes on your schedule using any smartphone, computer or tablet with an internet connection. If you need help along the way, submit your questions to one of our experts to answer in the Dashboard.
1. What is a Fraction? - Definition and Types
Fractions may be your friend's worst nightmare, but they don't have to be yours. Watch this video lesson to learn about fractions and how you can understand them easily. Also learn to identify the different types of fractions.
2. Performing Basic Operations with Fractions
You probably know how to perform basic operations for whole numbers, but do you know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions? This lesson introduces you to the rules for basic operations with fractions.
3. What Are Mixed Numbers? - Definition & Examples
This lesson will give the definition of mixed numbers and explain the purpose mixed numbers serve. It will also provide plenty of examples to ensure complete understanding of this concept.
4. How to Simplify Expressions With Fractional Bases
Expressions with fractional bases can easily occur in the world around us. This lesson will look at how to simplify these types of expressions through vocabulary, definitions, and examples.
5. Working with Decimals
After watching this video lesson, you will become well acquainted with decimals and how to work with them. Learn how you can use them to help you describe what is going on around you.
6. Using the Number Line to Compare Decimals, Fractions, and Whole Numbers
Watch this video lesson to learn how useful the number line can be when you need to compare two different numbers, be they whole numbers, decimals or even fractions. Learn how to plot these numbers on the number line so you can compare them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- GRE: About the Test
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: About the Verbal Reasoning Section
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: Reading Skills
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary Skills
- GRE Analytical Writing: About the Analytical Writing Measure
- GRE Analytical Writing: Crafting Your Argument
- GRE Analytical Writing: Planning Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Starting Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing the Essay Body
- GRE Analytical Writing: Editing Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Technique
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Stronger Sentences
- GRE Analytical Writing: Grammar and Usage
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: About the Quantitative Reasoning Section
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Numbers and Operations
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sequences and Series
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Equations and Expressions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Exponents & Roots
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Functions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Rational Equations and Expressions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Inequalities
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Practical Applications
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Plane Geometry
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Coordinate Geometry
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Probability and Statistics
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Interpreting Statistical Data
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sets
- GRE Flashcards
- GRE Test Flashcards