About This Chapter
GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Interpreting Statistical Data - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find engaging video lessons that help you understand how to interpret statistical data as you study for the GRE Quantitative Reasoning exam. You can review the process of creating and interpreting scatterplots as well as see examples of these kinds of data sets. Once you finish this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Define a line graph with examples
- Outline the measures of central tendency, including mode, mean and median
- Calculate and interpret quartiles
- Give the formula used for percentile rank in statistics
Our helpful chapter is easy to use so you can get the most out of your studies. To quickly navigate any of the videos, use the video tabs provided in the Timeline. Help from one of our experts is available in the Dashboard if you have any questions along the way.
1. Creating & Interpreting Scatterplots: Process & Examples
Scatterplots are a great visual representation of two sets of data. In this lesson, you will learn how to interpret bivariate data to create scatterplots and understand the relationship between the two variables.
2. What is a Line Graph? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll explore the function and examples of a line graph. Then, you will learn to create questions and interpret data from line graphs. A brief quiz follows.
3. Mean, Median & Mode: Measures of Central Tendency
By describing the data using central tendency, a researcher and reader can understand what the typical score looks like. In this lesson, we will explore in more detail these measures of central tendency and how they relate to samples and populations.
4. Calculating & Interpreting Quartiles
If you're going to divide a data set into four groups in order to make a box and whisker plot, then it would likely be very helpful to know where to split the data. Quartiles tell you exactly where to make the divisions.
5. Percentile Rank in Statistics: Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will learn to define percentile rank and learn how it is calculated. Following this lesson, you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge with a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- GRE: About the Test
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: About the Verbal Reasoning Section
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: Reading Skills
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary Skills
- GRE Analytical Writing: About the Analytical Writing Measure
- GRE Analytical Writing: Crafting Your Argument
- GRE Analytical Writing: Planning Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Starting Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing the Essay Body
- GRE Analytical Writing: Editing Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Technique
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Stronger Sentences
- GRE Analytical Writing: Grammar and Usage
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: About the Quantitative Reasoning Section
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Numbers and Operations
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Fractions, Decimals & Mixed Numbers
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sequences and Series
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Equations and Expressions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Exponents & Roots
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Functions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Rational Equations and Expressions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Inequalities
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Practical Applications
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Plane Geometry
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Coordinate Geometry
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Probability and Statistics
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sets
- GRE Flashcards
- GRE Test Flashcards