About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering GRE material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to acquire the skills needed to take the GRE. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding operations involving sequences and series
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about sequences and series
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Sequences and Series chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Sequences and Series chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about sequences and series. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a sequences and series unit of a standard GRE prep course. Topics covered include:
- Understanding mathematical sequences
- Finding and classifying arithmetic sequences
- Calculating an arithmetic series
- Classifying geometric sequences
- Using critical thinking and logic in math
1. What is a Mathematical Sequence?
Math is often the most fun when it acts like a puzzle to be solved. The branch of math where this is the most true involves sequences. Get an introduction to the basics and important vocabulary, as well as learn where sequences appear in nature!
2. How to Find and Classify an Arithmetic Sequence
Arithmetic sequences are everywhere, and with a few tricks you learn here, you could end up looking like a psychic the next time you go to a movie or a football game!
3. How to Calculate an Arithmetic Series
In this lesson, you'll learn how to sum up any arithmetic sequence without having to add up each and every term. You'll never guess the circumstances that led to the discovery of this marvelous formula.
4. Finding and Classifying Geometric Sequences
Want your YouTube video to get a lot of hits? Besides including a cute baby or an adorable cat, getting your video to have a big common ratio is the key. Learn what I'm talking about here!
5. Critical Thinking and Logic in Mathematics
Logic has its own unique language and way of defining what is true and false. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can critically think in the language of logic while working with math.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Prep: Help and Review course
- GRE Verbal Reasoning - Reading Skills: Help and Review
- GRE Verbal Reasoning - Vocabulary Skills: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Crafting Your Argument: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Planning Your Essay: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Starting Your Essay: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing the Essay Body: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Editing Your Essay: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing Technique: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Writing Stronger Sentences: Help and Review
- GRE Analytical Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- GRE - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- GRE - FOIL, Parabolas & Quadratics: Help & Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Exponents: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Functions: Help and Review
- GRE - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help & Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Inequalities: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Plane Geometry: Help and Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Coordinate Geometry: Help and Review
- GRE - Probability & Statistics: Help & Review
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning - Sets: Help and Review
- GRE Test: General Info