About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering significant quotes from Great Expectations will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to analyze quotes from the novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in their studying of Great Expectations
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Great Expectations Quotes chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Great Expectations Quotes chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on the novel. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about critical quotes from Great Expectations for a standard English course. Topics covered include:
- Explaining important quotes from Great Expectations
- Key quotes of Pip and Estella
- Important quotes from Magwitch and Joe Gargery
- Miss Havisham's dialogue
- Quotes on love from Great Expectations
1. Great Expectations: Important Quotes Explained
In this lesson, we will examine a few important quotations from Charles Dickens's 'Great Expectations.' We will especially look at how Dickens handles wealth, class, truth, and death.
2. Great Expectations: Pip Quotes
Charles Dickens' 'Great Expectations' tells the story of Pip, a poor orphan boy who desires to be a gentleman worthy of the love of the rich and beautiful Estella. This lesson will focus on Pip and some of his important quotes from the novel.
3. Great Expectations: Estella Quotes
In 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens, one of the best ways to get to know a character is by examining the things they say. In this lesson, we will take a look at some quotes from Estella.
4. Great Expectations: Magwitch Quotes
Abel Magwitch is a compelling character. ''Great Expectations'' opens with his introduction into Pip's life, and Magwitch's actions both shape the course of the narrative and illustrate its themes.
5. Great Expectations: Joe Gargery Quotes
In ''Great Expectations'' by Charles Dickens, Joe Gargery plays a very important role in the main character's life. In this lesson, we will look at a few of Joe's quotes in order to gain a deeper understanding of who he is and why he matters to Pip.
6. Great Expectations: Miss Havisham Quotes
In the story 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens, Miss Havisham is a mysterious and strange character. In this lesson, we will take a look at some of her quotes and see what they reveal about her personality.
7. Great Expectations: Love Quotes
In 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens, there are many quotes about love. It might be hard to keep them all straight, so in this lesson we will take a look at some of the comments about love in the book.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.