About This Chapter
Greek & Roman Art & Architecture Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Introduce your students to Greek and Roman art and architecture using the materials in this chapter. You will find kid-friendly lesson plan outlines and accompanying lessons that will help you teach your students about Roman mosaics, some influences and examples of Greek architecture, how Roman sarcophagi compare to those used by the Etruscans, and much more. The related short, cleverly written and presented lessons are designed to make learning easy and fun for your students. The readily accessible online platform also makes incorporating them into your class schedule easy for you. Lesson quizzes and a chapter test allow you to measure your students' progress, and additional assistance is available if desired. These resources can help you create:
- Kid-sized lessons on Greek architecture, facts, examples and influences
- Essay topics on Greek art
- Lessons on sarcophagus art
- Classwork on how to compare Roman and Etruscan sarcophagi
- Elementary-level lesson plans on Roman mosaics, their history and key facts
How It Helps
- Curriculum standards: Helps you be certain that your lessons on Greek and Roman art and architecture meet current educational standards
- Class discussion questions/topics: Includes topics related to Roman and Greek architecture and art for class discussion or essay assignments
- Homework/classwork suggestions: Provides suggestions for assignments on Roman mosaics, Greek architectural influences and sarcophagi that your students can complete in class or at home
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning lessons on Greek and Roman art and architecture easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific topics you want to cover in your class on Greek and Roman art and architecture.
- Formulate your class outline on Roman mosaics using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related lessons for each Greek and Roman art and architecture lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important concepts from these lessons on Roman and Etruscan sarcophagi.
- Engage your students with relevant discussion questions or other materials related to Greek and Roman art and architecture found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Ancient Greek Pottery Lesson Plan
How was ancient Greek pottery created and used? This lesson plan uses an informative video lesson to outline key facts for students. An activity gives students a chance to create a replica of an actual piece of ancient Greek pottery.
2. Ancient Greek Pottery: Types, History & Facts
Have you ever wondered how the ancient Greeks made pottery and why they had so many different types? In this lesson, we'll discuss the history of ancient Greek pottery and learn how to identify the different styles of vessels.
3. Greek Architecture Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Why does Greek architecture stand out? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to highlight important facts about Greek architecture. An activity challenges students to create a simple structure in the Greek style.
4. Greek Architecture Lesson For Kids: Facts, Influences & Examples
Greek architecture is one of the most iconic forms of architecture in the history of the world. Come and learn what architecture is, some characteristics of Greek architecture and some buildings that Greek architecture has influenced.
5. Greek Art Essay Topics
Greek art is not only diverse, but it has also played an important role in inspiring art around the world and through different time periods. Use the following essay topics to help students write about Greek art.
6. Sarcophagus Art Lesson Plan
How did the art used on ancient sarcophagi honor the dead? This lesson plan uses a video lesson to highlight critical facts about sarcophagus art. A hands-on activity gives students a chance to sculpt a mini sarcophagus.
7. Comparing Roman & Etruscan Sarcophagi
In this lesson, you will explore the similarities and differences in Roman and Etruscan sarcophagi and discover how burial practices reflected ancient lives. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
8. Roman Mosaics Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Mosaics were a favorite art form of the ancient Romans, and in this lesson plan your students will have a chance to learn what this art looked like, as well as practice it themselves.
9. Ancient Roman Mosaic Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Mosaics are pictures made of pieces of stone and glass and were used to decorate some ancient Roman homes and community buildings. Come learn about these mosaics, of what they were made, and some other cool facts about them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World Music & Art Lesson Plans & Activities course