About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or reviewing information about Group 15 of the periodic table will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the elements moscovium, phosphorus, nitrogen, bismuth and antimony. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing Group 15 elements
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning chemistry (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Group 15 of the Periodic Table of Elements chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Group 15 of the Periodic Table of Elements chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any chemistry question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Group 15 of the periodic table for a standard chemistry course. Topics covered include:
- Moscovium's discovery, properties and uses
- Locating and obtaining phosphorus
- Facts about phosphorus deficiency, properties, uses, functions and benefits
- The nitrogen cycle and formula
- Bismuth uses and side effects
- The uses of antimony
1. Moscovium: Uses, Properties & Discovery
The periodic table continues to grow as scientists create new elements in labs. One such element, moscovium, was recently created. This lesson will explore the uses, properties and discovery of this new element.
2. Where is Phosphorus Found & How is it Obtained?
Discovered in 1600s, phosphorus is such an important element in our world, especially for our survival. This lesson explains the location and production of phosphorus in our current world.
3. What is Phosphorus? - Element Uses, Facts & Properties
This lesson describes the properties and uses of three different allotropes of the element phosphorus: red, white, and black. Additionally, the biological role of phosphorus is discussed.
4. What Does Phosphorus Do for the Body? - Deficiency, Benefits & Function
Phosphorus is the second most common mineral in the human body. We will learn why phosphorus is so important in our bodies, what roles it plays, and what happens when we don't get enough.
5. What is Nitrogen? - Cycle & Formula
Nitrogen is a vital element for all living things. This lesson walks through some of the properties of nitrogen, the nitrogen cycle, and other uses of nitrogen.
6. What is Bismuth? - Facts, Uses & Side Effects
Bismuth is a naturally occurring element with a number of uses. Learn more about bismuth and its physical and chemical properties. When you are through, test your knowledge with a quiz.
7. What is Antimony? - Definition, Uses & Facts
Did you know antimony is used for a variety of products such as batteries, glasses, and pottery? Explore this lesson to learn about this fascinating metal. Understand what antimony is and discover some interesting facts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Periodic Table of Elements Study Guide course
- Group 1 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 3 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 4 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 5 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 6 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 7 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 8 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 9 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 10 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 11 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 12 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 13 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 14 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 16 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 17 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Group 18 of the Periodic Table of Elements
- F-Block Elements of the Periodic Table of Elements