About This Chapter
Group Dynamics & Team Building - Chapter Summary
This chapter will help improve your knowledge of group dynamics and team building. Examine how to use team building to increase group cohesion. Take a close look at other lesson information, like:
- Qualities of knowledge, skills and abilities of group members
- Definition and theory of group dynamics
- Group behavior
We provide short text and videos, each with a companion quiz to test your comprehension of the material as you are studying it. We also provide a feature that allows you to submit any questions you have to a Study.com expert.
1. Becoming a Cohesive Group: Using Team Building to Increase Group Cohesion
Have you ever wondered why some groups seem to work better together than others? In this lesson you will learn what it means to be a cohesive group and how team building activities can be used to increase group cohesion.
2. The Stages of Team Development
You've noticed that many companies are moving toward working in teams. How do they do it? What does it entail? This lesson explains what to expect from team development and how to work through each stage.
3. Team Building Activities for Work
Great team building activities boost productivity, improve communication and strengthen morale. In this lesson, learn about effective team building activities and how to choose the right one for your team.
4. Qualities of Group Members: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Groups have a lot of dynamics, and in many ways, those dynamics are made up of the members in the group. Each member brings different knowledge, skills and abilities to the group, and in this lesson, we will address those three key areas.
5. What Are Group Dynamics? - Definition & Theory
Learn about group dynamics and the theory behind understanding these processes. Learn about the factors that affect group dynamics with some real-life examples.
6. Group Behavior in Social Psychology: Definition & Influences
Do individuals behave differently in groups than they would on their own? How do group dynamics affect our decision-making skills? You'll learn about the benefits and potential pitfalls than can come from belonging to a group.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards