About This Chapter
Halloween Lesson Plans & Activities - Chapter Summary
The lesson plans in this chapter offer the assistance you need to create entertaining Halloween classroom lessons. These plans include instructional guidance, homework suggestions, information on curriculum standards and much more, ensuring your lessons are highly informative, well-rounded and beneficial to students' academic success. Halloween activity ideas are also available to increase engagement during your lessons. Topics covered in this chapter include:
- History of Halloween
- Halloween party ideas for school
- Kid's games and activities for Halloween
- Music and art related to Halloween
Accompanying the lesson plans are supplemental lessons you can share with students during class. Around-the-clock access to these teacher resources lets you design your curriculum and plan lessons during the timeframes that align with your schedule.
How It Helps
- Discussion ideas: Offers discussion ideas that can get your students involved during your lessons and improve their ability to retain important details.
- Group or project ideas: Ensures your students are able to work together and help each other better understand important Halloween concepts.
- Vocabulary words: Highlights key terms you can include in your Halloween lessons.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning Halloween lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Halloween history, music and art topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your Halloween class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Halloween traditions and games lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Halloween concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Halloween-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. History of Halloween: Facts & Traditions
When and where did Halloween begin? What Halloween traditions exist around the world? This lesson answers these questions as it explains the history of Halloween and how it is celebrated.
2. School Halloween Party Ideas
Halloween parties can be a great way to relax and take a break, or as a reward for good work and behavior. Check out these ideas for a school Halloween party.
3. Halloween Games & Activities for Kids
Halloween is a great time for making memories with family and friends. A lot of the best Halloween memories from childhood come from being at school around the holiday. The games and activities in this lesson are sure to delight and scare your kids right out of their seats!
4. Halloween Art Lesson Plan
How much fun is it to do arts and crafts with your students? Use this lesson to get students excited about Halloween. This lesson is comprised of three read aloud and activity combinations. Enjoy!
5. Halloween Music Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will teach your students about Halloween music. In addition, they will participate in an exciting hands-on activity about Halloween music that will help to reinforce facts they just learned.
6. History of Halloween Lesson Plan
Teach your students about the origins of Halloween with the help of a Study.com text lesson and an in-class activity. If you would like, take your Halloween history instruction even further with optional activities and related lessons.
7. Pumpkin STEM Activities
In this asset you will find activities to connect STEM concepts with pumpkins for your elementary aged students. These activities allow for both individual and group work and are the perfect fall addition to your classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World Cultures Lesson Plans & Resources course
- World Religions & Cultures Lesson Plans
- Winter Holidays Lesson Plans & Activities
- Holidays Lesson Plans
- Thanksgiving Lesson Plans & Activities
- United Kingdom Cultures Lesson Plans & Resources
- Native American Culture & Religion Lesson Plans
- French Culture Lesson Plans & Resources
- Hispanic Culture Lesson Plans