About This Chapter
Hardware & Cloud Technologies - Chapter Summary
This corporate training resource contains bite-sized lessons on hardware and cloud technologies. Some of the subjects your employees will review include cloud storage, smartphones, tablets and laptops and the evolution of cell phone technology. Our lessons allow your team members to work at their own pace based on their knowledge levels, and they act as a completely flexible study resource.
How It Helps
- Offers knowledge:Your team members will learn more about the safety of cloud technologies and the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing.
- Builds confidence: Employees who fully understand available technologies and their applications will be able to make the best decisions about which options are best for the company.
- Provides versatility: Whether you use this chapter to lead a corporate training workshop or work with employees one-on-one, this resource offers a variety of uses.
After finishing this chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Detail the evolution of portable media devices
- Outline the uses and advancements of tablets, laptops and smartphones
- Define cloud computing and recognize its advantages and disadvantages
- Discuss the concept of cloud storage
- Identify the types of cloud services and include examples
- Explain the security and safety of cloud technologies
- Understand how to choose the best technology tool for business
- Choose the right times to use cloud storage
1. The Evolution of Portable Media Devices & Cell Phone Technology
In this lesson, we discuss the development of portable media devices and cell phones in the 1980s, 1990s, and 21st century, and how the smart phone may trump them all.
2. Smartphones, Tablets & Laptops: Advancements & Uses
The world we live in has become so reliant on technology, that it becomes difficult to operate without it. This lesson will walk you through some of the devices we use daily and the occupations that rely on them.
3. What is Cloud Computing? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
In this lesson, we'll look at cloud computing, which is an area of computer technology focused on providing computer services over the Internet. Following the lesson, you can take a quiz.
4. What is Cloud Storage? - Definition & Concept
Cloud Storage is networked storage, or disk space, available over a specific network - the Internet. In this lesson, learn what Cloud storage allows you to do as well as how it is installed.
5. Cloud Services: Types & Examples
Cloud services are changing the way we do business and playing a vital role in the way companies operate. This lesson will discuss the three primary cloud service types, some examples, and why they are helpful in the world of business today.
6. Cloud Technologies: Safety & Security
Data in the cloud? What is the cloud? Where is the data saved? Is the data safe? What is a public cloud and a private cloud? In this lesson, we will answer these questions about cloud technologies as they relate to safety and security.
7. Practical Application: Choosing the Best Technology Tool for Business
For any business situation, there exists a technology tool that will be a good fit. In this activity, you'll analyze several scenarios and choose the best technology tool to get the job done.
8. Practical Application: Choosing When to Use Cloud Storage
Choosing when to use cloud storage is dependent upon a number of factors. In this activity, you'll be introduced to two hypothetical scenarios requiring you to determine whether cloud storage is appropriate or not.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.