About This Chapter
Health Care Delivery Systems: Future Considerations - Chapter Summary
Our engaging chapter covers the future considerations for health care delivery systems through a series of brief lessons. You'll review issues that health care delivery systems could face in the future as well as possible trends in the areas of telemedicine, big data and more. Take your time as you complete these lessons, and test your understanding with the lesson quizzes before moving on to other topics. If you have any questions as you move through the chapter, you can reach out to one of our instructors. After completing this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Identify emerging issues in health care delivery
- Discuss the issues associated with bioethics
- Define big data as it's used in healthcare
- Outline future trends for electronic health records
- Describe patient care through telemedicine
- Detail health insurance incentives
- Explain family and patient centered care
- Discuss the integration of medical care and behavioral health
1. Emerging Issues in Healthcare Delivery
This lesson will describe the emerging issues in healthcare. We will discuss the increased patient responsibility and the changes physicians are having to make in the way they practice, as well as the restructuring of hospitals to deliver more cost-efficient care.
2. Bioethics: Areas, Issues & Human Life
Bioethics are an important area of debate in our modern world. In this lesson, you will explore several areas and issues within this field, and test your understanding with a brief quiz.
3. Big Data in Healthcare: Definition & Future Trends
Think about all the intricacies of the human body. Now imagine all of that data being analyzed to help keep you as healthy as possible. Welcome to the world of big data in healthcare.
4. Electronic Health Records: Future Trends
How will the discipline of medicine embrace the age of informational globalization? In this lesson, we'll explore four future applications of electronic health records.
5. Patient Care through Telemedicine
Telemedicine is the use of technology to better connect patients with their healthcare providers for the management of their health conditions. In this lesson, learn more about the process of telemedicine and how it is already being used today.
6. Health Insurance Incentives
Some incentivized health plans reduce health insurance premiums or provide other financial rewards for individuals who meet certain health targets. We'll examine the most common types of health insurance incentives and discuss how they are impacted by federal law.
7. Patient & Family Centered Care
In this lesson, you will learn the definition and correct application of patient- and family-centered care. Including, how patient and family satisfaction plays an important role in generating revenue for healthcare providers and institutions.
8. Integration of Behavioral Health & Medical Care
Hospitals and doctors are forming partnerships with other specialists to make sure their patients receive the care they need. The integration of behavioral health services ensures that patients will get help for mental health and addiction issues.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems course
- Connecting Health with Health Care Delivery
- Overview of the Health Care System
- Systems for Health Care Delivery
- Health Care Delivery Professionals
- Health Care Delivery Technology
- Health Care System Access
- Health Care Systems: Quality & Ethics
- Health Care System Policy & Practice
- Health Care Costs & Financing
- Required Assignments for Health 307