About This Chapter
Health Care Delivery Technology - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll take a look at a variety of health care delivery technology topics, including how technology works specifically in the health care industry and some of the issues brought up by its use. Take your time as you work through these lessons on your mobile phone, tablet or computer. Each lesson comes with a short quiz you can use to test yourself before an exam or before moving on to other subjects. Our helpful instructors are available to assist you should you have any questions. This chapter is designed to hep you:
- Define medical technology
- Describe the ways healthcare is changing because of information technology
- Outline the use of information technology for interdisciplinary medical teams
- Identify the impact of health care technology advances
- Explain the role the U.S. government plays in health technology diffusion
- Discuss the benefits and costs of health technology assessment
- Detail medical technology and ethics
1. Medical Technology: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, learn what medical technology is and be able to list many examples of diagnosis and treatment medical technology, both simple and complex.
2. How Information Technology is Changing Healthcare
This lesson will examine how information technology throughout healthcare is used to support patients, hospital staff, and other providers involved in care delivery and the decision-making processes in healthcare organizations.
3. Information Technology & Interdisciplinary Medical Teams
Technology is used in everyday life for many different things. It is also used in healthcare settings. In this lesson, we will learn about how interdisciplinary teams use information technology.
4. Impact of Advances in Health Care Technology
From the rise of the personal computer to the use of surgical robotics, healthcare technology has changed dramatically. Read this lesson to learn more about how technological advances have made tremendous strides in terms of healthcare access, affordability, and overall patient care.
5. The U.S. Governments Role in Health Technology Diffusion
U.S. government policy plays a major role in the spread of new health technologies. In this lesson, we'll examine the role and responsibility of the U.S. government in health technology diffusion, and the impact of diffusion on healthcare delivery.
6. Health Technology Assessment: Definition, Benefits & Costs
Entering the fast-paced world of technology, this lesson gives a snapshot of what is possible with health technology assessment. The content will include possible benefits and cost considerations for healthcare.
7. Medical Technology, Scarcity & Ethics
How did the lack of proper medical technology contribute to the spread of a deadly virus in Africa and all over the world? How does this tie in with bioethics? Find out, in this lesson!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems course
- Connecting Health with Health Care Delivery
- Overview of the Health Care System
- Systems for Health Care Delivery
- Health Care Delivery Professionals
- Health Care System Access
- Health Care Systems: Quality & Ethics
- Health Care System Policy & Practice
- Health Care Costs & Financing
- Health Care Delivery Systems: Future Considerations
- Required Assignments for Health 307