About This Chapter
Health Care Professionals & Technology Evaluation - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our expert instructors to review the roles of various health care professionals as well as the evaluation of health care technology. Our expert instructors show you everything you need to know about the duties of health informatics specialists, health care project managers and more. These simple and short lessons help you quickly take away important terms and concepts, and we encourage you to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your understanding of the information. When you're finished working through the chapter, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the role and growth of health information specialists
- Recognize the duties of health care project managers
- Explain the role of a health care implementation specialist
- Discuss issues and perspectives related to health care technology evaluation
1. Health Information Specialist: Role & Growth
In this lesson, you will learn about a new and exciting role in health care: the health information specialist. Upon the completion of this lesson, you should be able to describe the duties and responsibilities of the health information specialist.
2. Health Care Project Manager: Role & Growth
Thanks to technological innovations and the increased numbers of consumers, the healthcare industry has grown exponentially. People are needed to organize and manage that growth. This lesson will discuss project management in healthcare.
3. Health Care Implementation Specialist: Role & Growth
This lesson will discuss the role of health care implementation specialists and give an overview of their education requirements, position duties, responsibilities, and salary/career outlook.
4. Evaluating Technology for Health Care: Perspectives & Issues
In this lesson, you'll learn why it is important to conduct multi-perspective and multi-method evaluations and look at more than just the bottom line when evaluating technology for health care.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 309: Healthcare Informatics course
- Introduction to Health Care Informatics
- Using Data & Databases in Health Care Informatics
- Electronic Health Records & Evidence-Based Practices
- Best Practices in Information Technology
- Project Development
- Consumer Informatics
- TeleHealth Overview
- Trends in Health Care Informatics
- Required Assignments for Health 309