About This Chapter
Health Care Rights & Responsibilities - Chapter Summary
If you need to quickly review basic health care rights and responsibilities, this chapter is for you. Divided in to short and engaging topical lessons, this chapter examines health care systems, communication practices, treatments, insurance regulations, global health issues and much more. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe effective communication methods between health care workers and patients
- Compare types of health care systems
- Discuss the nature of health care treatments during late adulthood
- Recognize disparities in healthcare outcomes and access
- Evaluate roles and regulations related to health insurance and health care
- Explain the purpose of the World Health Organization
At the end of each lesson, you'll have the opportunity to take a short quiz. Take these lesson quizzes throughout your studying process to check your understanding of essential healthcare terms and concepts. The chapter also includes a comprehensive exam, as well as printable transcripts, a progress-tracking dashboard and a useful Ask the Expert feature. Feel free to access the chapter at any time that's convenient using your computer or mobile device.
1. Communication Between Patients & Health Care Workers
This lesson will define two types of communication used between patients and health care workers. The differences between therapeutic communication in the patient-health care worker relationship will be examined. Read on for more information.
2. Types of Health Care: HMOs, PPOs, Socialized Medicine & Direct-Fee System
In this lesson, we discuss health care as a social institution and how health care systems differ worldwide. We also discuss several different ways that health care is paid for by patients, organizations and government.
3. Health Care Treatment in Late Adulthood
As people age, their bodies change, but what exactly does that mean in terms of health care? Watch this lesson to find out more about illness and disease in late adulthood, as well as the types of health care facilities often frequented in later life.
4. Disparities in Healthcare Access & Outcomes
Access to health care services and healthcare outcomes vary in the United States among different populations. This lesson will examine these disparities in healthcare and how they affect all Americans.
5. Health Insurance and Health Care: Overview, Roles & Regulations
This lesson will explain the major aspects of health insurance and its role in your health care costs. We will discuss premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, copays, and more!
6. Types of Global Health Issues
The following lesson will define what a global health issue is and discuss the cause for their spreading, as well as provide examples of major global health issues. A short quiz will follow the lesson.
7. What is the World Health Organization? - Definition, History & Purpose
The World Health Organization is a group that focuses on global health issues. This lesson will cover its start at the United Nations, its purpose and progress so far, and its challenges in today's world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Family & Consumer Sciences (040): Study Guide & Practice course
- Family Structure & Systems
- Basics of Interpersonal Relationships
- Stages of Adulthood & Aging
- Overview of Human Sexual Development
- Family Changes & Transitions
- Family Rights & Responsibilities
- The Development of Infants & Toddlers
- The Development of Preschoolers
- The Development of School-Aged Children
- The Development of Adolescents
- Basics of Preparing for Parenthood
- Prenatal Care, Fetal Development & Childbirth
- Parenting Process
- Parent-Child Communication & Conflict
- Life Choices & Personal Wellness
- Principles of Nutrition
- Impact of Nutrition on Personal Wellness
- Careers, Family & Community
- Factors That Influence Housing Selection
- Home Design Features
- Economics & Consumer Rights
- Resource Management & Consumption Behaviors
- MTTC Family & Consumer Sciences (040) Flashcards