About This Chapter
Health Care System Access - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our expert instructors present topics related to health care system access. You'll study health care access based on gender, demographics and more. All of our learning materials are accessible 24 hours a day on your mobile phone, tablet or computer for flexible study options. Before taking a test, check your understanding using the quiz provided with each lesson or the test at the end of the chapter. Our instructors are available to answer any questions you might have along the way. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe some of the barriers to effective health care services
- Explain the disparities in health care access and outcomes in the U.S.
- Discuss the role of demographics and gender in U.S. health care access
- Assess the delivery of health services to minority communities
- Outline trends and technology in modern healthcare
1. Barriers to Effective Health Care Services
You might take it for granted that you can go to the doctor on a whim, but some people aren't so lucky. This lesson will explain why some people may have a hard time accessing healthcare services.
2. Disparities in U.S. Healthcare Access & Outcomes
There are significant differences in healthcare access and health outcomes among different groups of people in the United States. In this lesson, we'll examine these differences, why they matter, and several major efforts to eliminate them.
3. Gender & Demographics of U.S. Health Care
Within the U.S. health care system, women and men actually do get different levels of treatment. This isn't so much the fault of the health care system itself as it is the fault of societal expectations of the different genders.
4. Delivery of Health Services in Minority Communities
This lesson introduces the many health disparities and their causes facing minority populations in the United States. Possible solutions for these issues are also discussed.
5. Modern Healthcare Trends & Technology
This lesson looks at recent trends that have taken over the healthcare industry in an effort to improve health outcomes and make healthcare more accessible to underserved populations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems course
- Connecting Health with Health Care Delivery
- Overview of the Health Care System
- Systems for Health Care Delivery
- Health Care Delivery Professionals
- Health Care Delivery Technology
- Health Care Systems: Quality & Ethics
- Health Care System Policy & Practice
- Health Care Costs & Financing
- Health Care Delivery Systems: Future Considerations
- Required Assignments for Health 307