About This Chapter
Health Careers & Community Agencies - Chapter Summary
This chapter surveys various careers in the health field while providing an overview of communal healthcare agencies. The lessons within examine the roles and structures of these agencies while fleshing out the traits of different kinds of healthcare systems. Topics discussed in this chapter include:
- Distinguishing between different healthcare professions and delivery systems
- Forms of national health care organizations
- The American Red Cross
- The purposes of community health agencies
The practice quizzes accompanying every lesson give you the chance to keep tabs on your understanding as you go along. These quizzes can be taken as many times as you feel necessary and can also be printed in worksheet form for offline use. At the end of the chapter, you'll be able to evaluate your knowledge in a more comprehensive manner by taking a practice final exam.
1. Types of Healthcare Professionals & Delivery Systems
Healthcare professionals take on many different roles to deliver quality patient care. Not only do healthcare workers provide care in the hospital settings, but they also work in several other care delivery systems. This lesson will describe various healthcare roles and the variety of delivery systems in which they work.
2. National Health Care Organizations: Definition & Types
There are many national health care organizations hard at work to ensure the health and well-being of people in the United States. In this lesson, we will learn more about some of these organizations.
3. What is the American Red Cross? - Role, Structure & Purpose
The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization that works within the United States and throughout the world. Learn more about the structure and activities of the organization in this lesson.
4. Community Health Agencies: List & Purpose
There are many different agencies to support the health and well-being of communities. In this lesson, we will learn more about community health and specific agencies and what they do.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Health & Physical Education - Content Knowledge (5857): Practice & Study Guide course
- Health Programs in Education
- Health Models, Theories & Data
- Physical Fitness Overview
- Health & Wellness Overview
- Injury Prevention & Personal Safety
- Healthy Relationships & Effective Communication
- Human Body Overview
- Human Development
- Physiological Changes Throughout Life
- Mental, Emotional & Physical Disorders
- Environmental Health Issues
- Community Health & Advocacy
- Physical Education Programs
- Supporting Student Development in Physical Education
- Using Collaboration, Reflection & Technology in PE
- Motor Skills & Movement Activities for PE
- Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Sports & Recreational Activities for PE
- Curriculum & Instruction for Physical Education
- Instructional Techniques & Strategies
- Communication in the Physical Education Classroom
- Assessment & Data in Physical Education
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Praxis Health & Physical Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards