About This Chapter
Health, Safety & Workers' Compensation in California - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides you with ways to thoroughly review topics that include the purpose of an employee handbook, a summary of California's Drug-Free Workplace Act, the standards for occupational injury records and more! The lessons will help make your review sessions sweeter. The brief self-assessment quizzes at the end of the lessons will allow you to accurately measure your knowledge of the following areas:
- Compliance with the health and safety laws of California
- Explanation of the role of OSHA
- Procedures of California's Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Requirements associated with California's safety and health training and heat and illness prevention programs
- Reporting of ergonomic-related illness within California
- Requirements for going back to work
Check out the transcripts where you will see highlighted vocabulary words and summaries related to health, safety and workers' compensation in California. They also contain information pertaining to the instructors. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send them to our experts.
1. Health and Safety Regulations: OSHA
The workplace can be a dangerous place, and workers are injured and even killed on the job. In this lesson, you'll learn how the Occupational Safety and Health Administration works to minimize dangerous workplace conditions.
2. California's Injury & Illness Prevention Program & Procedures
This lesson will educate you on California's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Procedures and discuss best practices when developing an IIPP plan for your organization.
3. California's Heat Illness Prevention Requirements
This lesson will educate readers on the California Heat Illness Prevention Requirements as updated by Cal/OSHA in 2015. The six requirements of the heat illness prevention regulation will be discussed along with posting requirements for the written plan and procedures.
4. Ergonomic-Related Illness Reporting in California
California implemented the first-of-its-kind standards for ergonomic-related conditions. In this lesson, you'll learn more about repetitive motion injuries and the reporting duties of both employees and employers.
5. Return to Work Requirements in California
In this lesson, we will discuss the California return-to-work requirements necessary for an employee who has been on leave to return to the workplace, and the organizational benefits of having such programs.
6. California's Drug-Free Workplace Act: Summary & Examples
This article educates readers on the California Drug-Free Workplace Act by providing a summary of Federal and State law, outlining contractor compliance responsibilities, and offering two examples.
7. Creating & Using an Employee Handbook
In this lesson we learn about the creation and use of an employee handbook. We consider the value of a well written, comprehensive employee handbook as well as common employee handbook provisions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam: Practice & Study Guide course
- Employment Laws & Enforcement Agencies
- California Employee Compensation Law
- Employment & Employee Relations in California
- California New Hire Documents
- Workplace Posting Requirements
- California Termination Documents
- California Employment Tax Forms & Requirements
- Benefits & Leaves of Absence in California Employment
- PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam Flashcards