About This Chapter
Healthcare Organizations & Services - Chapter Summary
Feel confident in your understanding of various types of healthcare organizations and the settings in which healthcare services are delivered by exploring this entertaining chapter. Bite-sized lessons developed by top instructors closely examine types of medical practices, hospitals, long-term care services and more. Get the most from this chapter by reviewing the lessons in any sequence you desire during the timeframes that best suit your schedule. If you have questions about topics covered, be sure to submit them to our subject-matter experts. When you're ready, use the mini quizzes to check your comprehension of the lessons. In no time, you will be able to do the following:
- Define and list types and providers of health services
- Share the advantages and disadvantages of different types of medical practices
- Provide the definition and types of integrated health systems
- Give the definition and examples of outpatient care
- Identify and describe types of long-term care services
- Discuss the function of hospitals and how they are licensed
1. Health Services: Definition, Types & Providers
Different health services offer a wide range of care from a variety of licensed medical providers. This lesson will discuss the definition, types, and providers of health services.
2. Types of Medical Practices: Advantages & Disadvantages
There are several different types of medical practices, including solo practice, group practice, and employed physician practice. This article will discuss these types as well as a few others, and explore their advantages and disadvantages.
3. Integrated Health Systems: Definition & Types
After completing this lesson you will be able to define integrated health systems as well as identify the types of integrated health systems that exist.
4. What is Outpatient Care? - Definition & Examples
This lesson defines outpatient care in the U.S. and what services are generally provided. We'll also review some of the main categories of outpatient care, including primary care clinics; home-, school-, and employer-based healthcare; and outpatient services given within hospitals.
5. Long-Term Care Service: Definition & Types
Long-term care services can occur within the home with the use of community services, or in an institutional type of setting. Read this lesson to learn about the types of services and facilities available to help manage long-term needs.
6. Hospitals: Types, Function & Licensing
Hospitals are an integral part of the healthcare system in the U.S. as millions of people go to hospitals each year to receive various forms of treatments. This lesson highlights the various types of hospitals in the United States.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 305: Healthcare Finance & Budgeting course
- Introduction to Healthcare Finance
- Organizational Structure in Healthcare
- Financial Reporting in Healthcare
- Health Insurance & Reimbursement
- Estimating Healthcare Costs
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Accounting & Income Statements in Healthcare
- Using Balance Sheets in Healthcare Finance
- Financial Assessment in Healthcare
- Healthcare Planning & Budgeting
- Project Costs & Evaluation in Healthcare
- Healthcare Staffing Needs & Forecasting
- Trends in Healthcare
- Required Assignment for Health 305