About This Chapter
Helpful Communication Techniques in Sales - Chapter Summary
This mobile-friendly sales training chapter breaks down a variety of helpful communication techniques. Assign these engaging and uncomplicated lessons your company's sales professionals to help them:
- Communicate empathetically
- Avoid assumptions
- Build trust
- Assume good intentions
- Leave lasting impressions
- Close sales
- Provide service on an ongoing basis
Your sales staff can study these lessons whenever it's convenient. Each lesson comes with a short quiz that reinforces important terms and concepts. Our instructors are also available to answer the questions your staff may have about the material.
How It Helps
- Strengthens communication skills: The chapter is designed to help your sales professionals become more effective and empathetic communicators.
- Builds awareness: Lessons show sales people the advantages of trust-building and the importance of assuming good intentions in sales contexts.
- Improves sales skills : Sales professionals who complete the chapter will be able improve their abilities to make lasting impressions, close sales and provide ongoing services for clients.
By the end of the chapter, your company's sales professionals should be able to:
- Become empathetic communicators
- Explain why it's important to avoid assumptions in sales
- Recognize the benefits of building trust and assuming good intentions in sales
- Leave lasting impressions in the sales arena
- Close sales and offer service on a continuing basis
1. Being an Empathetic Communicator
Empathy in the workplace allows for the development of good working relationships. This lesson covers the ways that you can be an empathetic communicator in business.
2. The Importance of Avoiding Assumptions in Sales
This lesson goes over the concepts of assumptions and false assumptions and how they apply to sales. You'll learn about numerous false assumptions some sales professionals make.
3. The Benefits of Building Trust in Sales
Honesty is critical in building trust for sales professionals. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the role and importance of honesty in building trust and rapport in the sales world.
4. The Benefits of Assuming Good Intentions in Sales
Being a great salesperson requires many interpersonal skills, including assuming good intentions of clients. This lesson discusses several factors that help to see the good in customers.
5. How to Leave a Lasting Impression in Sales
We all know the first impression is important, but how about a lasting impression? In this lesson, you'll learn more about techniques for helping sales professionals leave a lasting impression on clients.
6. How to Close a Sale & Provide Ongoing Service
What's the most reliable way to close a sale with minimum drama? Work the sales process properly throughout the deal. In this lesson, we'll examine what steps you should be taking to make a sale and what to do afterwards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.