About This Chapter
HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Geometry Basics - Chapter Summary
In this chapter on geometry basics, you'll find a series of professionally written lessons to help you understand these subjects as you get ready for the HESI Admission Assessment exam. Subjects covered here include different types of angles, including acute, obtuse, right and straight, plus the area and perimeter of geometric shapes. Once you finish this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Differentiate between the different types of angles
- Define the triangle sum theorem
- Discuss the properties and formula of similar triangles
- Explain how to find the perimeter and area of triangles and rectangles
- Calculate circle area and circumference
- Understand how to find the diameter of a circle, including the formula
- Identify the formula used to find the radius of a circle
- Detail radians and degrees on the unit circle
Work at your own pace as you review as few or as many lessons as needed to feel prepared for the exam. Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz so you can test your knowledge before moving on. Use any smartphone, tablet or computer to study anytime that works best for you.
1. Types of Angles: Right, Straight, Acute & Obtuse
Angles are everywhere. Learn about the different types of angles we use in mathematics, including right angles, acute angles, obtuse angles, and straight angles. See if you can tell the difference with a quiz.
2. Triangle Sum Theorem: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about the Triangle Sum Theorem. We will also look at how useful the Triangle Sum Theorem is when looking for missing angle measurements inside of a triangle.
3. Similar Triangles: Definition, Formula & Properties
Similar triangles are triangles with equal corresponding angles and proportionate sides. This lesson will explore the proprieties of similar triangles and explain how to apply these properties to solve for the length of missing sides.
4. Perimeter of Triangles and Rectangles
Without realizing it, we calculate and use the perimeter of triangles and rectangles in regular everyday situations. Learn more about the perimeter of triangles and rectangles in this lesson, and test your knowledge with a quiz.
5. Area of Triangles and Rectangles
How do you find out the area of rectangles and triangles? Learn how in this lesson! We'll look at the formulas, then practice solving problems for each shape.
6. Circles: Area and Circumference
Understanding how to calculate the area and circumference of circles plays a vital role in some of our everyday functions. They serve as the foundation for operating with three-dimensional figures. Learn more about the area and circumference of circles in this lesson.
7. How to Find the Diameter of a Circle: Definition, Formula & Example
Learn the definition of the diameter of a circle and how to find it using a simple formula. See some examples, then test your knowledge with a short quiz.
8. How to Find the Radius of a Circle: Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will discover the definition of a radius. You will also learn how to find the radius of a circle using three different formulas based on diameter, circumference, and area.
9. Radians & Degrees on the Unit Circle
Angles are important in all kinds of fields, such as construction, science, math, navigation, and engineering. There are two units that we can use to measure angles: degrees and radians. In this lesson, learn how to use these units and how they are related to the unit circle.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam course
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Reading Comprehension
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Health Care Vocabulary
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Punctuation
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Grammar
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Math Skills
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Factors & Multiples
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Solving Equations
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Linear Equations, Inequalities & Functions
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: 3D Shapes
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Probability, Ratios & Proportions
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Anatomy and Physiology
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Biology
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Chemistry
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Physics
- HESI Admission Assessment Flashcards