About This Chapter
HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Probability, Ratios & Proportions - Chapter Summary
This chapter on proportions, probability and ratios is a mobile-friendly resource that can assist you in preparing for the HESI Admission Assessment exam. You'll review percentage increase and decrease, different kinds of probability and the percent formula, among other topics. After you finish this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Compare experimental and theoretical probability
- Define percents and the percent formula
- Share the calculation used to determine percentage increase and decrease
- Perform calculations with proportions and ratios
In this chapter, you'll find concise videos, self-assessment quizzes. Access to our experts is available if you need help. Studying for your exam can be done using any smartphone, tablet or computer 24/7 at your convenience. If you prefer to study offline, print out the lesson transcripts as helpful study guides.
1. Comparing Theoretical & Experimental Probability
Did you know there's more than one kind of probability? Complete this lesson to compare theoretical probability with experimental probability. They're not the same!
2. Percents & the Percent Formula: Definition & Examples
Understanding percents can help you quickly determine how much things cost and many other things. In this lesson, you will learn what percents are and how to use the percent formula.
3. Percentage Increase and Decrease: Calculation and Examples
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to calculate the percentage increase and decrease of changes that happen over time. You will also learn what you need in order to make your calculations.
4. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam course
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Reading Comprehension
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Health Care Vocabulary
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Punctuation
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Grammar
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Math Skills
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Factors & Multiples
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Solving Equations
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Linear Equations, Inequalities & Functions
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Geometry Basics
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: 3D Shapes
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Anatomy and Physiology
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Biology
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Chemistry
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Physics
- HESI Admission Assessment Flashcards