About This Chapter
HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Solving Equations - Chapter Summary
Check out this chapter on solving equations to prepare for the HESI Admission Assessment exam. You'll watch short videos about solving absolute value equations and word problems. After completing this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Solve algebraic equations and absolute value equations
- Define an arithmetic sequences
- Use addition, subtraction, division and multiplication to solve inequalities
- Provide examples of absolute-value inequalities
- Follow steps to solve word problems
These lessons ensure your study experience is easy and convenient. The quizzes and chapter test are a handy way to see if you're ready to take the exam and identify any areas that need more work. Help from one of our experts is available via the Dashboard if you have questions.
1. Solving Algebraic Equations: Definition & Examples
If you shouted, 'Hey! Why are there letters in my math?' the first time you saw algebra, then you definitely want to check out this lesson where we'll learn why we use letters for mathematics. (Hint: it isn't to drive you crazy.)
2. How to Solve an Absolute Value Equation
Once you get familiar with any new operation, the next step in any algebra class is to learn how to solve equations with that operation in them. Absolute values are no different. Solve absolute value equations here!
3. Arithmetic Sequence: Formula & Definition
After completing this lesson, you will be able to recognize an arithmetic sequence. You will also be able to use the general formula for finding a term in an arithmetic sequence and be able to write a custom formula for a given arithmetic sequence.
4. Solving Inequalities Using Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
Solving inequalities is almost identical to solving equations. By using the inverse operation for the inequality, variables are quickly isolated to find solutions.
5. The Absolute-Value Inequality: Definition & Example
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve absolute value inequalities. Learn how you can easily set up your problem to successfully solve your problem each and every time.
6. Solving Word Problems: Steps & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve word problems by following this 3-step process. Learn how to visualize your problem so you fully understand it. Then learn how to write and solve your equations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam course
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Reading Comprehension
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Health Care Vocabulary
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Punctuation
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Grammar
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Math Skills
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Factors & Multiples
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Linear Equations, Inequalities & Functions
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Geometry Basics
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: 3D Shapes
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Probability, Ratios & Proportions
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Anatomy and Physiology
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Biology
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Chemistry
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam: Physics
- HESI Admission Assessment Flashcards