About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your algebraic distribution homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your algebraic distribution homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Reasons for distribution in algebra
- Differences between distributing first and adding first
- Distribution of positive and negative signs
- Rules for solving algebraic expressions with numbers and variables
- Methods for changing negative exponents to fractions
- Fractional powers
- Distribution of more than one term
1. Why Do We Distribute in Algebra? - Explanation & Examples
In algebra, distribution refers to the process of dividing an expression into parts. Learn why we distribute in algebra. Explore an explanation of distribution, learn about the distributive property, review examples with both two and three variables, and understand the process of distributing a variable.
2. Distributing First vs. Adding First: Differences & Examples
In algebra, the distributive property helps simplify expressions, but sometimes it is challenging to recognize which operation should occur first. Explore distributing first vs. adding first, and learn which questions to ask to determine which operation should come first. Review the differences and gain practice by working examples that include decimals and fractions.
3. Distributing Positive and Negative Signs
Have math tests or study surrounding positive and negative signs coming up? Learn and reflect on the correct process to distribute positive and negative signs.
4. Distributing Algebraic Expressions with Numbers and Variables
Distributing variables and exponents in algebraic expressions involves the distributive property and a few new rules. Learn how to distribute variables and exponents using the distributive property, and practice some example problems.
5. Changing Negative Exponents to Fractions
Changing negative exponents to fractions involves multiplying its inverse by itself to give the number a denominator. Explore more about changing negative exponents into fractions, including some practice problems with numbers and variables.
6. Working With Fractional Powers
The exponents, or powers, of numbers can be written as fractions and radical expressions. Learn about the definition of exponents, how to write fractional exponents, how to convert them to radical expressions, and how to perform arithmetic operations on numbers with fractional exponents.
7. Distribution of More Than One Term in Algebra
Struggling with the distribution of more than one term in algebra? Learn to write the distributive property, follow the necessary steps for distributing with one term, and simplify an algebraic equation with two or three terms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the High School Algebra I: Homework Help Resource course
- High School Algebra - Basic Arithmetic: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Solving Math Word Problems: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Decimals and Fractions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Percent Notation: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- High School Algebra - Radical Expressions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- High School Algebra - Properties of Functions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Matrices and Absolute Value: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Properties of Exponents: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Complex and Imaginary Numbers: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Linear Equations: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Factoring: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Graph & Factor Quadratic Equations
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Polynomial Functions & Their Properties
- High School Algebra - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Cubic Equations: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Measurement and Geometry: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Percent, Proportions & Ratios
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Probability, Data & Statistics
- High School Algebra - Well-Known Equations: Homework Help