About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your cubic equations homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your cubic equations homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Solving perfectly or not perfectly cubed equations
- Solving cubic equations using the greatest common factor
- Factoring cubic equations by grouping
- Finding solutions with integers
- Changing radical equations into either linear or quadratic equations
- Squaring terms twice
1. What is a Cubic Equation? - Definition & Examples
In algebra, you come across various kinds of functions. You start learning about linear functions, and then quadratic functions. Now, though, you come across cubic functions. What are they? Watch this video lesson to find out.
2. How to Solve Perfectly Cubed Equations
Watch this video lesson so you can identify perfectly cubed equations. Learn about the formula that helps you factor them and then to solve them. See how easy it is to use these formulas.
3. How to Solve Equations that are Not Perfectly Cubed
Watch this video lesson to learn what to do when you have a cubic equation that is not perfectly cubed. Learn an easy method to find all three roots or solutions.
4. Using the Greatest Common Factor to Solve Cubic Equations
Watch this video lesson to learn how to identify the cubic equations for which you can factor out the greatest common factor to help you solve them. Learn the steps you need to take to solve them.
5. Grouping to Factor Cubic Equations
Factoring a quadratic equation may seem super easy to you now as you step into the world of cubic equations. Watch this video lesson to learn one easy method that you can use to factor some cubic equations.
6. Solving Cubic Equations with Integers
Solving quadratic equations is one thing since you have the use of the quadratic formula, but what about solving cubic equations? Watch this video lesson to learn an easy method you can use to help you solve them.
7. Changing Radical Equations into Linear or Quadratic Equations
There are all kinds of equations you have to learn how to solve. In this video lesson, you will learn how to remove the radical symbol so you can easily solve equations with radicals in them.
8. Squaring Both Sides of an Equation Twice
Okay, so you got the whole solving for x part down. But what will happen if your x is inside a square root? What do you do then? Watch this video lesson to learn what you can do.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra I: Homework Help Resource course
- High School Algebra - Basic Arithmetic: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Solving Math Word Problems: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Decimals and Fractions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Percent Notation: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- High School Algebra - Radical Expressions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- High School Algebra - Properties of Functions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Matrices and Absolute Value: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Properties of Exponents: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Complex and Imaginary Numbers: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Algebraic Distribution: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Linear Equations: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Factoring: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Graph & Factor Quadratic Equations
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Polynomial Functions & Their Properties
- High School Algebra - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- High School Algebra - Measurement and Geometry: Homework Help
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Percent, Proportions & Ratios
- High School Algebra Homework Help: Probability, Data & Statistics
- High School Algebra - Well-Known Equations: Homework Help