About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school algebra I material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school algebra I. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the quadratic formula or how to solve quadratic equations
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about quadratic equations
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the quadratic equations chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the quadratic equations chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any quadratic equations question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a quadratic equations unit of a standard high school algebra I course. Topics covered include:
- Using the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations
- Solving quadratics that are not in standard form
- Solving quadratic inequalities using two binomials
- Assigning the greatest common factor and multiplication property of zero to solve quadratic equations
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra I: Help and Review course
- High School Algebra - Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Solving Math Word Problems: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Percent Notation: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Real Numbers: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Exponential Expressions & Exponents: Help & Review
- High School Algebra - Radical Expressions: Help and Review
- Algebraic Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Properties of Functions: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Working With Inequalities: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Properties of Exponents: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Complex and Imaginary Numbers: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Algebraic Distribution: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Linear Equations: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Factoring: Help and Review
- Factoring & Graphing Quadratic Equations: Help & Review
- The Properties of Polynomial Functions: Help & Review
- High School Algebra - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Cubic Equations: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Measurement and Geometry: Help and Review
- Ratios, Proportions & Percent in Algebra: Help & Review
- Statistics, Probability and Data in Algebra: Help and Review
- High School Algebra - Well-Known Equations: Help and Review