About This Chapter
High School Algebra: Square Roots Review - Chapter Summary
High school students need to read and understand a great deal of information both before they graduate and as they move on in college or the professional world. This chapter provides students with focused training on square roots in algebra at a high school level.
Instead of an endless chapter of information, the chapter has been divided into short, individualized lessons. Students have the option to review all of the lessons in order, but they can also pick and choose lesson topics in which they need the most assistance. The chapter menu provides a list of all lessons available, and since each lesson is only focused on a single topic, students can easily find what they need. After completing this chapter, students will be ready to:
- Define rules of square roots
- Estimate square roots
- Discuss square roots pertaining to perfect squares
- Recognize how to solve problems with square roots
- Identify square root signs
1. Square Root: Sign, Rules & Problems
In this lesson, you will learn how to recognize square root notation. You will also learn properties of square roots and discover how to simplify expressions that include square roots.
2. Estimating Square Roots
Inverse operations are mathematical operations that undo each other. The square root is the inverse of the squared (or multiplying a number by itself) operation. There is an easy method for estimating the square root of a number, which you will learn in this lesson.
3. Evaluating Square Roots of Perfect Squares
Squares and square roots are inverse, or opposite, operations involving radicals. Learn how to determine the square root of perfect squares in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra I: Homeschool Curriculum course
- High School Algebra: Overview of Real Numbers
- High School Algebra: Solving Math Word Problems
- High School Algebra: Percent Notation
- High School Algebra: Calculations, Ratios & Proportions Review
- High School Algebra: Combinations & Permutations
- High School Algebra: Properties of Exponents Review
- High School Algebra: Exponent Properties & Exponential Expressions
- High School Algebra: Radical Expressions Overview
- High School Algebra: Algebraic Expressions Review
- High School Algebra: Solving Algebraic Equations
- High School Algebra: Algebraic Distribution
- High School Algebra: Properties of Functions
- High School Algebra: Inequalities Review
- High School Algebra: Linear Equations Review
- High School Algebra: Linear Equations Applications & Examples
- High School Algebra: Factoring
- High School Algebra: Quadratic Equations
- High School Algebra: Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations
- High School Algebra: Properties of Polynomial Functions
- High School Algebra: Rational Expressions
- High School Algebra: Matrices and Absolute Value
- High School Algebra: Data, Statistics & Chance
- Algebra I: Homeschool Assignments & Projects
- Homeschool Resources for High School Algebra