About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your higher-degree polynomial functions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your higher-degree polynomial functions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Solving polynomials of degree greater than two
- Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials
- Factoring polynomials using the quadratic form
- Dividing polynomials with long division
- Using synthetic division to divide polynomials
- Applying the remainder and factor theorems
- Using the fundamental theorem of algebra
- Finding rational zeros
1. Solving Higher Degree Polynomials
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve polynomials where the degree is three or higher. Learn the technique that you can use to solve any one of these polynomials.
2. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials are, basically, the same as adding, subtracting and multiplying numbers. They only difference is that we have a pesky variable to worry about, but this video will show you that's no problem, so no worries! This method has worked for many of my students, and I think it will work for you, too!
3. Factoring Polynomials Using Quadratic Form: Steps, Rules & Examples
Factoring a polynomial of degree 4 or higher can be a difficult task. However, some polynomials of higher degree can be written in quadratic form, and the techniques used to factor quadratic functions can be utilized.
4. How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
Arithmetic long division and polynomial long division are very similar. Yes, it's a long process, but once you have the rhythm you will get every problem correct!
5. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
Synthetic division is a 'short-cut' way of dividing a polynomial by a monomial. You still need to know long division, sorry, but this method is way fun when you're dividing by a monomial!
6. Remainder Theorem & Factor Theorem: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the remainder theorem and the factor theorem. You will also learn how to use these theorems to find remainders and factors of polynomials.
7. Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division: Practice Problems
Let's look at some more polynomial division problems. We will use long division and synthetic division, but this time we will have a couple of more involved problems. So, get out some paper and a pencil and let's begin!
8. Finding Rational Zeros Using the Rational Zeros Theorem & Synthetic Division
After completing this lesson, you will know what the rational zeros theorem says. You will also know how to apply this theorem to find zeros of polynomial functions.
9. Fundamental Theorem of Algebra: Explanation and Example
In this lesson, you will learn what the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra says. You will also learn how to apply this theorem in determining solutions of polynomial functions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Working with Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- Absolute Value Equations: Homework Help
- Working with Complex Numbers: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry: Homework Help
- Graphing with Functions: Homework Help
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Homework Help
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Homework Help
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Homework Help
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Sets in Algebra: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Continuity in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Limits in Precalculus: Homework Help